• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Professional detailing "package?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional detailing "package?"

Wow, I have really just had a dream come true, My boss and I are both into into cars and he knows how I am always wanting to get my feet wet in the detailing business, but doesnt want to lose me at the door shop that I work at so he made me a heck of an offer yesterday, recently he just got his dealers license to buy and sell used cars, so he told me if I was interested in joining him in this venture that I could be his guy who cleans/repairs/tunes up these cars (for a nice wage too!) Ok Ill get to the point, he said next week sometime he wants me to go to the local body supply shop with his credit card and buy what ever I need to make these cars look like new inside and out, and said only buy the best, dont waste my money on cheap stuff! (hes also going to get his bodyshop buddy to teach me all he knows about detailing) Well I am pumped, and I have quite a few products of my own but I would like to start fresh and ask, what rotary or da should I get, and I know some of these cars are going to look rough and they will be great practice, can any of you professionals recommend a package I should get? from paint repair to interior and underhood and the accessories that go with it, I would appreciate if anyone could help me out, I am really looking forward to this and am so grateful that I was blessed with this opportunity to take my hobby to the next level

[Edited for non family friendly language, Tim]

Re: Professional detailing "package?"

Originally posted by rvx290 View Post
    Wow, I have really just had a dream come true, My boss and I are both into into cars and he knows how I am always wanting to get my feet wet in the detailing business, but doesnt want to lose me at the door shop that I work at so he made me a hell of an offer yesterday, recently he just got his dealers license to buy and sell used cars, so he told me if I was interested in joining him in this venture that I could be his guy who cleans/repairs/tunes up these cars (for a nice wage too!) Ok Ill get to the point, he said next week sometime he wants me to go to the local body supply shop with his credit card and buy what ever I need to make these cars look like new inside and out, and said only buy the best, dont waste my money on cheap ****! (hes also going to get his bodyshop buddy to teach me all he knows about detailing) Well I am pumped, and I have quite a few products of my own but I would like to start fresh and ask, what rotary or da should I get, and I know some of these cars are going to look rough and they will be great practice, can any of you professionals recommend a package I should get? from paint repair to interior and underhood and the accessories that go with it, I would appreciate if anyone could help me out, I am really looking forward to this and am so grateful that I was blessed with this opportunity to take my hobby to the next level
    good for you!!!...go live the dream !!!

I would also point you to AutoDetailingSolutions.com and look at their "Business Start Up Package" to get a good idea what items he recommends...if it were me, I'd place the order with them and get everything you need at once...and the price is very reasonable...less than $700...a small investment for superior results...I am so jealous !!!
    Bill Poirier
    West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

with Bill. I would use Auto Detailing Solutions. There business start up package has just about everything you would need to get going.

Good luck and heres hoping everything turns out great. I'm Jealous.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

rvx290,

I would also have to strongly agree about you going to ADS. Their business start packages have everything you will need. I noticed on the web site that as an option with one of the PACKAGE DEALS is the Durrmaid extractor. I really wish that I was in your shoes. Especially having a boss give you his credit card and telling you to by the best(MEGUIARS)... with no LIMIT. that is just making me jealous. Good luck with your up coming venture.

Andrew
        2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Comment

I think they hit the nail on the nose with ADS. I'd have to recommend though, for a used car dealer business you WILL WANT THAT EXTRACTOR!! Those cars are gonna have some stains. It'll be nice to be able to remove them. That's a real nice extractor for the money too. I'm getting that here soon.
          I wish I knew about ADS when I started my business. I have most of that stuff now though, except for the extractor.

That sounds like a sweet gig you got there though. Just don't stop learning!
          Wiseguys Auto Detailing

Serving North Florida

Comment

Live the dream man! Good luck

Comment

thanks for the advice, I will check it out

Comment

My first experience with Rick @ ADS was nothing sort of excellent. I doubt I will ever go back to my local PBE.
                2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
                2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

mat pbe is more for a ok i am out of this need it fast type of thing. so you might go back for quick stuff. but if you track inventory correctly you might never have to go back. but it is handy to know it is there.

Comment

Originally posted by mattaleca View Post
                    My first experience with Rick @ ADS was nothing sort of excellent. I doubt I will ever go back to my local PBE.
                    Thats how Rick treats everyone. He is really great to do business with. Once again congrats and good luck.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');