• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to use on carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to use on carpet

I'm wondering if I can use the Super Degreaser on the carpet. I have probably OEM carpet from 1993. Down the outside of the seats (between seat and door) there are particularly stubborn dark and greasy looking stains. I have tried a hot water extractor, APC all to not avail. Well the APC seems to remove some of it, but the only way to tell is by looking at the water or rag. The carpet looks unchanged. Is Super Degreaser safe for use on carpet?
    AeroCleanse, LLC
    Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
    www.aerocleanse.com

Re: What to use on carpet

Have you tried Quik Out?

Comment

agree.

Quik Out Carpet cleaner is good stuff.

Not sure on the Super Greaser if would hurt your carpet or not.

Aaron
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Bump
        AeroCleanse, LLC
        www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

APC+ is a pretty good degreaser so I'm not sure if Super would work all that much better. Where you using APC or APC+? Also what dilution where you using? I hit the spots with 4:1 if need be. Agreed the Quik Out works great.

As for you question about Super Degreaser being safe on carpet, I can't say. Hopefully someone else will be able to say for sure.
          Scott

Comment

I think I have my APC mixed 10:1. I'll mix up a small dose of APC at 4:1 and see if that helps.

Surprised on one knows if Super Degreaser is safe on carpet.

No point in buying Quik Out if I don't need it, besides it comes in such small bottles.
            Last edited by AeroCleanse; Feb 11, 2008, 06:03 PM. Reason: x
            AeroCleanse, LLC
            www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
              I hit the spots with 4:1 if need be. Agreed the Quik Out works great.
              on, people!

Comment

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
                I think I have my APC mixed 10:1. I'll mix up a small dose of APC at 4:1 and see if that helps.

Surprised on one knows if Super Degreaser is safe on carpet.

No point in buying Quik Out if I don't need it, besides it comes in such small bottles.
                "Test on an inconspicuous spot"

Comment

yes quick out would be good. try the super degreaser in inconspious spot first though as they always say. what i usually use on the carpet is this stuff from costco called oil eater and degreaser. its amazing on just about all cleaning except windows. i always use it for spot cleaning on carpets.
                  - INKO'S

~ What White Tea Taste Like

Comment

hey autocleanse
                    I've used puple power a couple times on carpet with great success!
                    Once on some carpet out of a trunk that had a little kerosene spilled in it,and over the summer I had to take the carpet out of my ranger and use purple power again.
                    What I did is mix it with half water and draped my carpet over some saw horses and soaked it completly with water then sprayed it down with the purple power mixed with half water and scrubed with a carpet brush then used my pressure washer to make sure all the grease stains and whatever else was in it was removed,then used a air hose to blow out the remaining water.
                    Then used some apc and scrubed with the carpet brush and used my LGM also with the pet and stain formula added in it.
                    carpet came out about 95% like new(truck uesed to be some kind of contractors truck with grease spots all over the carpet)and had a great smell.Also do the coal trucks at work the same way that came out with carpet. (boy you talk about some heavy carpet with all the jute padding)
                    hope I've helped with your question anything else let me know?
                    ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
                    You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
                    Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Degreasers, can be used on carpet, but there's a chance carpet fibers could become (un-glued)...Never had it happen...
                      Try Meguiar’s Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner, Detailer line, if that doesn't help then try Degreaser....diluted of coarse....Joe
                      Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
                      ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
                      (269)650-2242

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');