• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can M105 be used with a Dual Action Polisher like the G110, or the G100/PC or the UDM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can M105 be used with a Dual Action Polisher like the G110, or the G100/PC or the UDM

Can M105 be used with a Dual Action Polisher like the G110, or the G100/PC or the UDM

I'm probably going to be purchasing a G110 DA polisher pretty soon, and I've heard nothing but good things about the "does it all" M105... I was just wondering if it was possible to get the same sort of results using the DA instead of the other way(s?)..

I'm a complete newb to the machine world, so any help/advice would be good.

Basically just looking for a way to remove decent swirling and provide a good base to apply wax to. I want flawless paint!

Thanks in advance.
    --2004 Ford Mustang V6 -- Full mod list and some pictures at my SouthFloridaStangs Vehicle Garage --

Re: M105 with a G110 DA?

No.

M105 is not for use with a dual action machine.

This is posted in most of the M105 threads as the question keeps coming up.

Moving this to "Hot Topics" as we think the question is going to keep coming up.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Can M105 be used with a Dual Action Polisher like the G110, or the G100/PC or the

haha thanks, I guess that brings me to my next question.

Is there a similar "does it all" product (removes swirls and polishes at the same time) that can be used with a DA?

If not, what combo. of products would you reccomend?

Sorry for all the questions! But thanks!
      --2004 Ford Mustang V6 -- Full mod list and some pictures at my SouthFloridaStangs Vehicle Garage --

Comment

Re: Can M105 be used with a Dual Action Polisher like the G110, or the G100/PC or the

Originally posted by Raymond View Post
        haha thanks, I guess that brings me to my next question.

Is there a similar "does it all" product (removes swirls and polishes at the same time) that can be used with a DA?

If not, what combo. of products would you reccomend?

Sorry for all the questions! But thanks!
        #80 is a popular product that can be used with the DA that will remove swirls and polish. Its not as high on the cutting scale as 105 though.
        Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Yeah well the swirls on my car aren't TOO bad, I mean, I've gotten rid of a lot just using hand applied products so I can't imagine I'd need too "hardcore" of a product.

Is there a thread on the forums here that shows you what techniques to use with the DA, what pads to use for what products (in this case the #80), etc etc? I did a quick glance around the forums but didn't see it. I could be blind.

Comment

Just an extension of the above question:

1) Can #105 be used successfully with a Makita BO6040? That's the polisher with RO and forced rotation together. It maxes out at 670rpm but it also has an offset orbit which makes the pad work more (and cut more) than a standard rotary at 670rpm. In a recent thread another member found #105 worked well using a rotary at about 800rpm.

2) Also, can it be used with a foam cutting pad, or is just for wool use?
            Paul Marmarinos
            Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
            "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Originally posted by Alfisti View Post

1) Can #105 be used successfully with a Makita BO6040?
              In the rotating option it might work, in fact it probably will work but a very important factor that doesn't have a switch is the person doing the work as experience, skill and technique are going to be important factors to whether this product can be used successfully with this tool. We can't guarantee a person's skill, experience or technique they use with it.

Let us know how your results come out.

Originally posted by Alfisti View Post

2) Also, can it be used with a foam cutting pad, or is just for wool use?
              M105 can be used with a foam cutting pad on a rotary buffer. It is optimized for use with a wool cutting pad on a rotary buffer but can be used with a foam cutting pad on a rotary buffer.

Remember the market this product is designed for and formulated for and that's the body shop industry where typically guys are sanding down fresh paint and then removing their sanding marks using a wool pad on a rotary buffer.

We love it that enthusiasts around the world like to use or Body Shop Line of Products on their daily drivers but keep in mind enthusiasts were not and are not the target market for M105 or any of our Compounds.

Meguair's entered the Automotive polish world in the early 1900's making products for the people that apply/spray new paint onto cars. That would be car manufactures and as more people bought cars in the 1910's the 1920's and the 1930's and wrecked them, a new industry was created the "Collision Shop" were typically guys would fix wrecked cars and the spray fresh paint on the repaired area.

It wasn't until 1973 that we entered the "Consumer" market, so most of our history, (over 100 years), is making products for "Professionals" in the Professional side of our industry. We know that some of the folks on Autopia and other forums don't know about our long and successful history of being a manufacture of products for the Professional side of this industry and thus their forum members make comments like,

"Meguair's is okay for an OTC product"

Which just shows how much they don't know.

Thanks for your questions, let us know what you think of the M105 after you use it with your Makita BO6040

Thanks!

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike! When we (eventually) get it in Australia I'd love to try it and write a review for the BO6040 (and other Rotex) users. It sounds like an amazing product that may have other non-intended applications.

BTW, Megs polishes are highly regarded on Autopia, as is most of the Professional line. It's the consumer products that receive (rightly or wrongly) an ambivalent response. Happily, NXT2 is winning a legion of new fans for Megs.
                Paul Marmarinos
                Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

hey mike
                  has anyone tried the m105 with the pc using a W7006 cutting pad?
                  I know alot of using any product has alot to do with the right technique and/or pads and products.
                  I think I'll get some 105 and another W7006 and try this out,will post outcome with before and after pictures.
                  ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
                  You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
                  Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Originally posted by stang_krazy View Post
                    hey mike
                    has anyone tried the m105 with the pc using a W7006 cutting pad?
                    I know alot of using any product has alot to do with the right technique and/or pads and products.
                    I think I'll get some 105 and another W7006 and try this out,will post outcome with before and after pictures.
                    Morning,

We would strongly advise against trying that. Besides the cutting pad scouring the finish, the PC just does not have enough power to work M105 properly, not to mention dealing with a cutting pad that was designed for rotaries only. You may get your paint into a world of hurt if you attempt this...

Tim
                    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

thanks tim for your reply
                      I've got a black test hood that I try different combos and different techniques on.
                      Besides I like to do/try things like this out of the norm,you never know what you can do or what you might stumble on to?
                      Wouldn't never try something like this on mine or anyone elses paint.
                      On another note, I would like to thank you once again for giving me the idea of buffing aluminum with a rotary. I've been working with buffing aluminum for the past 5 months and coming out with some amazing results on coal truck fuel tanks,rims and the full fenders with just one type of
                      cream polish.just got me another makita to use just for this and going to start playing around with meguiars polishes and others will post my results later.
                      ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
                      You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
                      Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Originally posted by stang_krazy View Post
                        thanks tim for your reply
                        I've got a black test hood that I try different combos and different techniques on.
                        Besides I like to do/try things like this out of the norm,you never know what you can do or what you might stumble on to?
                        Wouldn't never try something like this on mine or anyone elses paint.
                        On another note, I would like to thank you once again for giving me the idea of buffing aluminum with a rotary. I've been working with buffing aluminum for the past 5 months and coming out with some amazing results on coal truck fuel tanks,rims and the full fenders with just one type of
                        cream polish.just got me another makita to use just for this and going to start playing around with meguiars polishes and others will post my results later.
                        You are very welcome!

Yeah...you never know until you try and using a test hood is a smart idea rather than finding out something does not work on your car. I am glad you understand that I must give the official Meguiar's recommendation otherwise, someone may try it and when it does not work, they blame the product rather than their wrong procedure...

As for the aluminum, I am tempted to look into getting a roller polisher like they use on airplanes. They are not cheap, but I would bet the finish they would leave would be incredible! That reminds me, I have to do the boat again in a month!

Tim
                        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');