• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the deal with "Layering?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's the deal with "Layering?"

I am with Mike, I love my last touch. Sometimes I just spray it in the air when Im working in the garage too, it smells really good.
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      I ordered this, thanks..... Thanks for the advice through the paint repair. The #80 and final inspection helped me keep the vehicle looking as good as new. It even survived some salted roads. The use of the polish and then adding a synthetic and then the wax delivers a rich gloss that looks better than I had it before the accident. Hopefully, 75 days was enough time to wait before sealing and waxing. I guess that is at the higher end of the 30-90 day range? I'm hoping the truck is stupid and does not know I got impatient and cheated on my 90 day wait goal?

Comment

I agree with Mike and Bluezero, Last Touch is the way to go. I love using it. It leaves a slick "just waxed" feel, is easy to use and smells great!
        Mike
        Extreme Clean Auto Detailing
        ...taking auto detailing to the Extreme!

Comment

***Bump***

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I had a question after reading thur your forum. I have an 05 scion tc blacksands pearl and it's out side all year. I do half a panel at a time until I complete the entire car. (Ex. half the trunk then half the hood) I do this to allow the first section time to dry for removal. As I follow this process I begin in the same sequence with NXT wax and then #21. My last step is to mist spray the entire car with Ultimate Quick Detailer.
            Here is a picture.

My question is this, Is this overkill?

Comment

So you apply Nxt to the whole car, let it dry, buff off, then apply the coat of #21 to the car, let it dry, and buff off?

Thats right, although I might wait till the next day to UQD. I think it is best to let the waxes set up a bit first.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Yes, this is correct. After thinking about it I think I haven't been getting the most out of my products because i don't allow for 20 mins between each application. I usually don't have time to wait because I may be at a parking lot using shade to keep out of direct sun ligh. I also have another question. I was thinking about starting to use a buffer (flex or Mikita) to speed up this process. is this a good idea? I evenutally want to move over and use on customer cars that I clean up.

Comment

I tried to edit my point but actually I buff off the previous section once I have completed either 1 or 2 more sections. Usually by this time the first location is white haze.

Comment

I would do the whole car, then come back and buff off.

As far as working by machine, you wouldnt want to wax by rotary, but it is kind of its own topic. A new thread might be best, so we can go into detail there if you want.
                    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

thank you and will do /

Comment

I understand your problem due to lack of shade, being outside etc. I think that if you did wait longer you would see a big improvement. Good luck.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

nice read

Comment

Originally posted by gasti_ako View Post
                            nice read
                            I agree very good read.....

Comment

thanks for clearing my mind after reading this, really helpful..
                              Ganesa,
                              Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Okay to sum it up: The NXT is best applied in 2 coats with a wait of at least 20mins then left alone since a 3rd coat would be redundant? The thread is old enough that NXT 2.0 hasn't been mentioned but I can imagine it is about the same as I did e-mail the question and that is what they said, more than 2 coats isn't needed. With NXT 2.0 is it still recomended to put the #21 on top or as a up keep coat at say a week later? Or should the NXT 2.0 spray be put on a week or two later?

I got a cordless 4" polisher that seems to do a good application and removal of the NXT. It's always good to find out how to do the job better.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');