• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lagering, first Polymer waxes or Carnauba?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lagering, first Polymer waxes or Carnauba?

Hello,

The question is this. If you layering the waxes, what is the best wax to apply first. The Polymer based waxes like the NXT and M21 or the Carnauba based waxes.

The theory is that the the polymers have to attach to the paint and if you already applied carnauba, this is not possible.

I hope you guys have the answer.

Evert.

Re: lagering, first Polymer waxes or Carnauba?

First read through this thread to get Meguiar's philosophy on the topic of layering...

What's the deal with "Layering?"

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Next read this article on Topping NXT and keep in mind the information presented applies to any wax you're applying over another wax...

Topping NXT

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi Mike,

I read have the two articles, but I stil have a question. Is it also possible to top for instance the M16 with the M21. Can the polymers bond to the M16 or can they only bond to paint?

Evert.

Comment

i have always wondered if it would make any sense,or be a waste of time and product if: since gold class has polish in it and NXT has fillers in it to (for just a wax job) use gold class then top with NXT? would that work out any?

Comment

Originally posted by evert View Post
            Hi Mike,

I read have the two articles, but I stil have a question. Is it also possible to top for instance the M16 with the M21. Can the polymers bond to the M16 or can they only bond to paint?

Evert.

Hey Evert,
            Here’s my take on it, since #21 has a slight amount of light cleaners in it, although not enough to be a cleaner/wax and #16 is a pure wax, it would make more sense to me to go the other way around. That’s not to say you can’t do #16 first. You are not going to have bonding issues either way, if you do, I want to see a picture of all the wax on the floor where it all slid off. Seriously, do a side by side comparison and see what your eyes tell you.
            FWIW, when I use two different products as my lsp[s] the last one is always a pure wax like #16, #26 or Deep Crystal System #3 Carnauba Wax but that’s just me. Most of the time, not always, (everyone likes to mix it up little from time to time) I just go with 2 even thin coats of the same.

Comment

Originally posted by TXShine View Post
              FWIW, when I use two different products as my lsp[s] the last one is always a pure wax like #16, #26 or Deep Crystal System #3 Carnauba Wax but that’s just me. Most of the time, not always, (everyone likes to mix it up little from time to time) I just go with 2 even thin coats of the same.
              Same Here!
              SYDSTER

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');