• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning Wheel Wells?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cleaning Wheel Wells?

I sometime use foam tire shine in the wheels wells as well. It is usually Armor All though which is cheaper than the Meguiar's stuff. For wheel wells its fine.

Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I bought a wheel well brush for $4.
      I brush the wheel wells with soapy water.
      then I rinse and apply tire shine to the plastic pieces
      Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

This past weekend I worked on a Chevy Astrovan that was in fairly good shape but had never had the wheels or the wheelwells taken care of. I jacked it up and removed the wheels. I used Comet on the tires and the inside of the wheels. And hydroflouric acid based wheel cleaner on the outside of the wheels. Then followed up with tire dressing on the rubber.

For the wheelwells I washed them with a pressure washer to remove the mud and general guck that was crammed in there. Then I dried them. Next step was a generous spray down with Gunk engine cleaner to loosen the road tar. Then another dose of the pressure washer. Followed up with a second spray with Gunk and a really stiff brush to get rid of the last of the tar. Last was a wash with NXT soap. Final treatment was with some old (DuPont named product) based plastic and rubber dressing that I had left over from the 90's After all that they looked like new. ten or so years worth of mud and crud had done a fine job of protecting the plastic fender liners.

Comment

Whats apc+ ?

Comment

Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Plus, its good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by stlted View Post
              spraying tire foam in the wheelwells works pretty good too.
              +1
              I got so mad at a girl who was texting while she was driving,that I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');