• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safety Precautions Needed When Using Wheel Brightener?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety Precautions Needed When Using Wheel Brightener?

Just picked up a gallon of WB I am going to cut it 10 to 1 for cleaning very dirty wheels. My question is I know this stuff is not all that safe, Is chemical resistant gloves a mask and eye protection a good idea to use when using WB?

thanx

Re: Safety Precautions Needed When Using Wheel Brightener?

I've used this stuff before on very stubborn wheels and it works like no other. I did use full protection as I read the msds on the product. It is very effective and safe when used with respect and caution.

•Engineering measures to reduce exposure: Ensure adequate ventilation.
    •Respiratory protection: In case of insufficient ventilation wear suitable respiratory equipment.
    •Skin and body protection: Immediately remove contaminated clothing.
    •Eye protection: Avoid contact with eyes. If splashes are likely to occur, wear Goggles.
    •Hand protection: Preventative skin protection: Neoprene Gloves.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

Wearing some kind of protection would be smart. I got some in a cut I had on my hand and it hurts like hell.

Comment

When cleaning wheels, the biggest concern is your eyes. When rinsing it is very easy to have the water splash back in your face. Please be wary of this and use eye protection bare minimum !!!

Mike
        Mike Pennington
        Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
        Meguiar's, Inc.
        800-854-8073
        mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

thank you guys

Comment

Hey,

Just one thing I wanted to add...

Make sure that when you use WB that you spray it on cool/cold wheels only!!!! I made the mistake of spraying wheels that were still quite warm/hot and got blasted with very strong fumes. I assume the concentration of WB increased as the water in the dilution evaporated on the very warm/hot wheels. The resulted fumes were very strong.....and probably dangerous.

Be sure to also thoroughly wet the concrete before and after using the WB on the wheels as it can stain concrete. You get nice white half moons stains where the tires were! Ask me how I know!

WB is a professional product that is for commercial use. But I have not found any product that works better! The stuff is awesome!!!!!!!

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

thank you ford

Comment

Very helpful information, was going to ask this same thing because I'm going to be making a ADS order and was going to give WB a try.

One question, when you spray the wheel with it, what do you use to clean the wheel?

Comment

Morning,

I use a Meguiar's Wheel Face Brush. This is where eye protection is crticial as the brush fibers can hook a lug nut etc and then spray product back at you! Normally, WB is strong enough that using a dedicated mitt works awesome. I have yet to find a wheel that could not be cleaned by this stuff!

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

hey so is wb safe for my rims there black coated and chrome its like this real glossy black

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');