• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sander/polisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sander/polisher

Features
    • Powerful 3.3-Amps, 4,500-12,000 OPM Speed Range — Ensures fast, smooth results on all surfaces
    • High-performance Microcellular Backing Pad — Conforms to contours, provides a fine finish
    • Integral pad dampening system — Helps prevent swirl marks for consistent fine finish
    • Uses 8-Hole 5" Hook and Loop Discs — Compatible with industry-standard discs
    • Rugged Die-cast Aluminum Gear Housing with exclusive dual-bearing pad mount — Long-life design eliminates wobble and vibration
    • Through-the-pad dust extraction — Pulls dust away from work surface to maximize sanding efficiancy and extend paper life.
    • Bosch Microfilter Dust Canister with integrated paper filter — Optimal system for filtering fine dust. Captures more dust than competitor models. Traps particles as small as a 1/2 micron in diameter.
    • Variable-speed dial — Allows match of speed to workpiece and task
    • Soft-start — Reduces start-up torque
    • Tapered Soft-Grip Top, plus ergonomic handles for comfort and control — Tapered top matches natural hand angle. Multiple grip positions prevent fatigue. Front handle removes easily for sanding in tight spots.
    • Constant Response™ Circuitry — Maintains constant speed under load, provides overload protection
    • Trigger with lock-on button — For extended periods of use
    • Double insulated
    Includes
    • Pad Wrench 5mm Hex 1 907 950 006
    • Soft Backing Pad -- RS031
    • Sanding Disc --Included
    • Microfilter Dust Canister -- RS026
    Will this thing be enough for wet sanding, removing swirl marks etc? Its the cheapest in its class in my country for $180 because black and decker/makita cost $400+

Re: sander/polisher

Originally posted by prelude86 View Post
    Will this thing be enough for wet sanding, removing swirl marks etc?
    Hard to say without having ever used this model but the majority of these tools just 'vibrate' when you place a foam pad on them and press them against the paint.

It won't be effective at removing sanding marks, again in most case but if you could put a piece of sandpaper on the backing plate then it could be used to wet-sand if that's what you want to do, (you didn't say exactly what you wanted to do, sand with it or remove sanding marks with it).

Most of the wood sanders just don't have the torque or the power to remove small particles of paint and that's how you level the surface and thus remove below surface defects.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

i want to remove sanding marks, swirl marks, scratches etc. it is as good as a pc that you guys use to remove imperfection then it is good enough but if it only helps me to apply wax than i'll just go with the cheaper obital polisher

Comment

Power: 120 VAC, 50-60 HZ/120 VDC

Amps: 3.7

No Load Speed: Electronic variable speed 2,500-6,000

Spindle Thread: Accepts 5/16 - 24

Gear Drive: Spiral Bevel

Wheel Diameter: 6

Length: 11 1/2

Net Weight: 5 3/4

Shipping Weight: 6 1/4

Almost have the same speed and power(amps) as the bosch but it is more expensive in ebay and i can't find it in my country

Comment

Bosch 3727DEVS
          Applications
          Excellent for a wide variety of purposes, this sander/polisher will become a favorite go-to device in your workshop or garage. It removes stock and finishing material quickly, without scratching -- making it perfect for most sanding jobs, from wood floors to furniture finishing. With a buffing pad, it also buffs and polishes automobiles and boats to a professional-looking shine.

Comment

Almost have the same speed and power(amps) as the Bosch but it is more expensive in eBay and i can't find it in my country
            Speed and power are not the only factors, it's the design of the clutch and the counterweight that will also determine if the the tool will be effective as the Porter Cable unit that we've been selling and now our G110 and G220 polisher.

Sometimes the only way to find out is to actually attach a pad and test it out, of course this means taking the risk and purchasing the tool to test out.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Will this thing be enough for wet sanding, removing swirl marks etc?
              While I haven't tried this particular model I have tried other tools of similar close specs and my more or less educated guess is that it would be good enough for light swirl marks but definitely not strong enough to do heavy paint correction including wet sanding removal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                Speed and power are not the only factors, it's the design of the clutch and the counterweight that will also determine if the the tool will be effective ...
                +1 as I have had in my hand tools that seemed identical in specs yet once I put them on the paint it was a different story.

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                Sometimes the only way to find out is to actually attach a pad and test it out, of course this means taking the risk and purchasing the tool to test out.
                Amen.

Comment

Well if anyone have any expreince with the bosch please mail me, because ordering a pc would be very expensive for me, otherwise i just have to go with black and decker or other cheap polisher, its half the price of the bosch but non variable speed.

Comment

Do i need a powerful machine like he bosch or is the black and decker enough to get the best result from a cleaner wax eg. color X, to clean and reduce swirls better than using hands

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');