• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Satin finish Mahogany guitar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satin finish Mahogany guitar.

I was just wondering what products would be safe to use on my guitar. I've had it for about 4 years now and it's traveled with me all over the world! However, sad as it is to say, I have never cleaned it. Not even once. What products are safe to use on it. I was thinking maybe one of the QD's? I have #34, Final Touch, Quick Detailer, and Quick Interior Detailer. What about wax? I don't want it to shine, at all. It needs to keep the satin finish but I would like to clean and protect it if possible.
    Jason

Re: Satin finish Mahogany guitar.

A light mist of any of the QD products you have should remove the dirt. You could actually use the mild clay very lightly. I've found that #7 works great on wood as a finish product.....it's not going to help you if you're playing in the rain, but will leave a nice soft luster on the wood.

Mort

Comment

Do you know kind of finish it has on it? Clearcoat, or something else?
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

How 'bout this:

Find what you are looking for at Guitar Center with the GuitarCenter.com site map. Browse by product, brand and more

There's a whole line of Meguiar's products for musical instruments:
        View all of our product families at Guitar Center and discover the largest selection of new and used musical instruments and gear.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I would assume the finish is some sort of laquer. It's an accoustic so it's not painted. Also, thanks for the link to guitar center. I am in there all the time and have never thought to look for the Meg's cleaning products...duh! I guess I'll try some QD and see how that works.
          Thanks!
          Jason

Comment

Hi,if its not 'painted', i.e. it's got no protective laquer,i'd use lemon oil and on the fretboard to.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');