• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fish eye???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish eye???

Hi all , i am a noob, so have a Q
    On the bonnet/hood of my car I have what looks like grey cracks in the red paint, mostly these are about 3cm and fairly circular, these areas are not rough or raised to touch. Not sure if its from bird crud thats left to eat at the paint or from the actual paint or laquer cracking or wearing through??
    Anyways, any ideas how to remove them? I had a go with a cutting compound but this didnt touch them.
    Cheers Guys

Re: Fish eye???

Originally posted by marwood9

On the bonnet/hood of my car I have what looks like grey cracks in the red paint, mostly these are about 3cm and fairly circular, these areas are not rough or raised to touch.

Not sure if its from bird crud thats left to eat at the paint or from the actual paint or lacquer cracking or wearing through??

Anyways, any ideas how to remove them? I had a go with a cutting compound but this didn't touch them.

Without a picture it's hard to be exact but if you've applied some kind of cutting or rubbing compound and it had no effect then it's likely nothing is going to fix it.

Has the bonnet been repainted?

Does it have a clear coat?

It could be the defect is from the repaint and is in the color coat and because there's a clear layer of paint over it there's no way to get to the defect itself.

Can you get a focused picture of the affected area?
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi will get a pic when it stops raining
      cheers dude

Comment

PICS of defects

few pics of the defects on the trunk

cheers all

Comment

That looks like either the paint is cracking or something has landed on the paint and caused it to mottle or wrinkle. Regardless of how it happened, it doesn't look like it can be fixed, especially considering you've tried compounding it with no effect.

Probably have to learn to live with it or have the affected area repainted.

How does the finish look overall?
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');