• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMW Series 5 Detail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW Series 5 Detail!

This was my first time to detail a BMW and I must say that it was a PITA to work with, the job took around 20 hours total and I even did not get the result I was aiming for .
    Just wanted to share some pictures of my detail. My process was M85 Diamond Cut Compound with a wool cutting pad W4000, M83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish with a polishing pad W8000 and M82 Swirl Free Polish with a finishing pad W9000 all with a rotary, my LSP was #21 Synthetic Sealant topped with #26 Yellow Wax. Wanted to finish it off with M82 on a G100 (before the LSP) but I did not have enough time and energy for it anymore, but the customer was more than pleased with the result which made me feel a little better about the job.

Hood Before

And Here are the after Pics

SYDSTER

Re: BMW Series 5 Detail!

Nice work!
    Looks great to me!
    Maybe he/she will be a repeat customer so you can get the paint to your expectations.
    on, people!

Comment

Thanks MoJam!
      SYDSTER

Comment

Yeah, us perfectionists LOL, our ocd can give us grief sometimes. Nevertheless, great work!!

Comment

Sydster, it looks great. As always you do a great job. That is a deep rich looking finish. Way to go. Hopefully you can get the car again to raise it up to where you want it to be. Once again great work.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

nice job....like that color blue.....awesome turnaround.
            RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

SAWEET....love the BMW look after a good, I mean GREAT detail...looks great Sydster
              Bill Poirier
              West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Great work!
                I like how the color just pops!

Comment

Wet look,great job.

Comment

car looks great, im impressed !

Totally get what you mean about spending that much time with a car and not quite reaching your expectations. Your time was spent well and you did a very good job, dont doubt that for a second.

Like was said earlier, hopefully the customer will become a regular and you can get it to the exact level you want it at.
                    ''Find a job you love and you will add five days to your week!''

Comment

Can you say German paint is hard!

It takes a lot of effort to make them show results, but you did a fine job.

Great Job
                      <-- In it's natural habitat

Comment

Originally posted by R Evolution1 View Post
                        Can you say German paint is hard!

It takes a lot of effort to make them show results, but you did a fine job.

Great Job
                        Really Hard!
                        SYDSTER

Comment

Originally posted by Sydster View Post
                          Really Hard!
                          Strange; I have always known BMWs for having very soft clear coats. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to not only scratch the clear on my car (93' 525i) but also a lot of the new ones! Even my friends black e39 (same gen as that) scratches very easily...

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf-Strong View Post
                            Strange; I have always known BMWs for having very soft clear coats. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to not only scratch the clear on my car (93' 525i) but also a lot of the new ones! Even my friends black e39 (same gen as that) scratches very easily...
                            I would say that it gets easily scratched but trying to correct or take off the scratch is really difficult that is what made me say that its really hard. Maybe hard clear is not really the right term to use it could be soft but a PITA to work with. Thanks for pointing that out.
                            SYDSTER

Comment

Sydster, looks great in the pictures...that blue is beautiful! Nice work!
                              Rick McDonough
                              Customer Engagement - Digital Content Editor
                              Meguiar's Inc.
                              1.800.854.8073 * 3853
                              rmcdonough@meguiars.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');