• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New paint, No clear coat ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New paint, No clear coat ?

I'm seriously thinking of buying a truck that has an 8-month old paint job (really class act) that is not clear coated.

Should I have it clear coated or are there products I can use that will preserve and protect the paint as clear coating does?

Tim
    04 545i BMW
    94 & 95 Lightnings

Hi Tim,

Single stage finishes have the potential to last just as long and look just as good as clear coat finishes as long as you take care of it.

Purchase the truck if you like it. Then wash with a premium car wash like Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner or NXT Car Wash.

Then, get into a regular maintenance program including,

Claying when needed
    Cleaning when needed
    Polishing when needed and you want your paint to look its best
    Protecting to preserve your car's finish and beauty.
    Maintaining - That means using products like a quick detailer in-between regular washing and waxing and a spray wax to restore that just waxed look.

Then, hang out on a forum like this for extra help and specific questions.

Hope this helps...

Mike

p.s.

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

mike is 100% correct. there are many show winning single stage paint jobs, you just have to maintain them properly just like anything else you want to last and look great for a long period of time.

If you like it get it and learn how to take care of it and it will look great and continue to turn heads for years to come.
      If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');