• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mass E-mail being sent tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass E-mail being sent tonight

Mass E-mail being sent tonight!

Meguiar's Garage Newsletter

Rest assured we are not going to be sending out fluff, when we send out the Meguiar's Garage Newsletter it's going to be because we have new information that we know our customer's and our forum members will want to know about.

Some items of interest that we will be using our new newsletter to bring to your attention will be,
    • Meguiar's Roadshow classes for 2008 in the U.S.
    • New How To Videos
    • New How To Articles
    • Beta Testing of Future Products
    • Meguiar’s Detailing Classes
    • Top 10 Hot Threads on our forum
    • Contests and Prizes
    • Car Crazy Events and Car Shows
    And anything else that's coming up that we think you might want to be aware of beforehand.

In the past we've used the built in ability to send e-mails using vBulletin but this only allows us to send plain text messages. Our new software will enable us to send both HTML and Plain Text messages, depending upon what your e-mail software can handle.

Also, you'll be able to opt out anytime you want and then later if you change your mind sign back up.

There will be some overlap as we'll be sending an e-mail to our e-mail list on this forum and also our e-mail list on the old CS forum, so we're going to apologize ahead of time to anyone that gets two e-mails, but this will be the only time this should happen and we don't really have any way to match and then remove duplicate e-mails because they contained in two different databases.

So look for an e-mail starting tonight and if you have already signed up then disregard it, if you haven't signed up then what are you waiting for?

Click here to get yourself signed-up!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Mass E-mail being sent tonight

Setting up to start the mass-email.

This usually takes about 5-6 hours, so the coffee's on...
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

12:30am - Just started the first batch of 500 through vBulletin.

Crossing our fingers the software doesn't freeze-up or stall-out during the middle of the process or the only way to recover is to start over.

Ugh...
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Can't enter name or e-mail address in form. Submit button is dead too.

Comment

Originally posted by mrreed View Post
          Can't enter name or e-mail address in form. Submit button is dead too.
          I just tested it using Internet Explorer and it worked normal and fine.

Wonder if the problem is on your side? We've been having people sign-up ever since we added the form?

Finished the mass e-mail at approximately 4:45am, off to bed now...
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike,

I signed up on the 4th and even got the confirmation email. However, no newsletter. Is a copy of the newsletter going to be posted somewhere?

Cheers!
            My Black '05 GTO

The3dwizard at DAZ3D Productions

Comment

I received two emails early this morning at 2:04am and 5:16am. Both are the same but with different formating. They are telling me to sign up for the newsletter. The first one is from Mike Phillips and the second from MPHILLIPS@meguiars.com.

I'm hoping Mike is sleeping now after being up that late. I'm sure we will hear back later today.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by the3dwizard View Post
                Mike,

I signed up on the 4th and even got the confirmation email. However, no newsletter. Is a copy of the newsletter going to be posted somewhere?

Cheers!
                Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                I received two emails early this morning at 2:04am and 5:16am. Both are the same but with different formating. They are telling me to sign up for the newsletter. The first one is from Mike Phillips and the second from MPHILLIPS@meguiars.com.

I'm hoping Mike is sleeping now after being up that late. I'm sure we will hear back later today.

same here NO news letter
                Have A Smurfie Day
                Take Pride In Your Ride...

Comment

Originally posted by the3dwizard View Post
                  Mike,

Cheers!
                  So far the only thing that has been sent has been the sign-up e-mail, this was the way we're converting two databases into one database, (This would be the CS forum and the vB forum databases). W couldn't really start sending the newsletter out until all the members were sent the e-mail letting them no to sign-up or opt-out. After the mailing last night we will no longer be sending e-mails to the two databases as we've now made the switch.

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                  One was sent out via my Outlook taking the names from the old CS forum and the other was sent out via the Admin Panel in vBulletin. We actually mentioned this in the the first post in this thread, see below where I'll quote myself.

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                  There will be some overlap as we'll be sending an e-mail to our e-mail list on this forum and also our e-mail list on the old CS forum, so we're going to apologize ahead of time to anyone that gets two e-mails, but this will be the only time this should happen and we don't really have any way to match and then remove duplicate e-mails because they contained in two different databases.

Originally posted by smurf View Post
                  same here NO news letter
                  Again, couldn't actually 'start' the newsletter until everyone in the two databases was sent the initial e-mail letting them know to get signed-up or be left out of the loop.

It was a long process to send out 14,000 e-mails out via the vBulletin interface but a job that had to be done and now that this is behind us we won't have to do it again as the new software will handle the mailing without supervision.

The side-effect of e-mailing so many people is now we have lots of members returning finding out they can't log-in and the reason for this is because they don't realize we switched back from CC to vB as outlined here,

Can't log in? Click here to find out what to do.

Lot's of typing to do this week in e-mail...
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

lol, good deal Mike. I didn't even notice that. I need to read a little slower.
                    Scott

Comment

Talk about e-mail overload...

Guess sending out 20,000 e-mails in a few hours tends to stir things up a little!

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I was in the same fix as Blue Zero. Thanks for clarifying things Mike. Appreciate it as always.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

This is what i`ve been told

An Error Occurred

Notice:
                          Our records indicate that you are already subscribed to this list and have verified your subscription.
                          Detailing cars is a form of art. Most appreciate it, few possess the required skill and even fewer understand it.

Comment

This is what i`ve been told:

An Error Occurred

Notice:
                            Our records indicate that you are already subscribed to this list and have verified your subscription.
                            Detailing cars is a form of art. Most appreciate it, few possess the required skill and even fewer understand it.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');