• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with used 5 gallon and 1 gallon containers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with used 5 gallon and 1 gallon containers...

I've got a few used and empty 5 gallon containers laying around that were shipped with APC, Hyper Dressing, #40, etc.... I can't justify just throwing them away. They are thick, high quality containers, and don't belong in the dump.
    I was thinking of just cutting the tops off of them, and using them as storage bins, or something along those lines.

I've also got a plethera of used/empty 1 gallon containers that I need to put to good use.

Any of you guys come up with a constructive way to use these old containers? Just trying to get some ideas to put my discarded items to good use.

Nick
    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Re: What to do with used 5 gallon and 1 gallon containers...

make up products that need diluting and mark them with a sharpie accordingly Easier to mix in those then fill up your bottles as needed.

Aaron

Happy New Year!
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
      make up products that need diluting and mark them with a sharpie accordingly Easier to mix in those then fill up your bottles as needed.

Aaron

Happy New Year!

I like! I like!

I keep a few 1 gallon containers in the van, and the rest plus the 5 gallon containers in the garage. Prediluting these things in the spare containers would be helpful in the van.....especially with employees that can never seem to get the dillution ratio's correct

Comment

What about the old 5 gallon containers? Anyone find a constructive use for them?

Comment

Originally posted by n737nc View Post
          What about the old 5 gallon containers? Anyone find a constructive use for them?
          Find something that mixes 4:1 and there you go!
          AeroCleanse, LLC
          Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
          www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Man that is funny. I feel so bad throwing them out to.

I use one for my waste oil. The others go in the recycle bin.
            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

What product do you use the most? APC-Wheel Brightner etc, make them up in your favorite dilutions for the 5 gallon sizes. Then recycle/oil/containers for the rest. Rotate them out as they do get brittle over time, especially if in the weather.

I use our Tide big liquid containers for oil, holds a couple of changes worth. Thought of using them for products as they have a spout.

Aaron
              Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');