• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

got streaks from colorx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got streaks from colorx

I washed, clayed, colorx'd, and nxt'd my g/f's mazda 626 last weekend. After applying the colorx and removing it, I got alot of streaks on the hood, some on the drivers side door and door behind it... but the rest of the car seemed ok. The hood and sides don't seem to have the clearcoat anymore. The lower sides, trunk, and roof seem to still have it.

So I got some aweful streaks on the hood. I applied colorx 2x on the hood to see if I could remove these streaks. After applying NXT 2x, that seemed to minimize it... but it just doesn't look as good as my TL when I used NXT. I didn't get a smooth glaze over the mazda.

Can someone give me some advice with this?

Hi substance12,

If 2 coats of each didn't remove the streaking, and if the clear coat is no longer present, you might not ever be able to restore a high gloss finish, most base coats don't polish up very well. The idea is the clear coat provides the beauty and gloss.

Are you pulling color when you work on the finish?

If the car is actually a single stage paint, then the streaks could be coming from some areas that are really clean, while others areas are less clean. This can happen when removing oxidation on neglected paint. The cure is to work the product evenly over the entire surface.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');