• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XBOX360 or PS3 (Not Spam)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: XBOX360 or PS3 (Not Spam)

like a previous poster stated, if you want to have fun with a lot of people; Wii is for you. It has a lot of fun games that can keep you constantly entertained. If you dont really care much for HD then get a Wii, cause what it doesn't have in graphics, it makes up for it in fun.

However, if you want a HUGE library of excellent games with awesome graphics, get the Xbox 360. Not only are you getting great games that look awesome, you can also enjoy them online. The 360 has an excellent online service that makes your game experience a lot more fun. Yeah there are things that cost in their market place, but they also have free stuff available. And if you dont want to play any of their game titles, you can play lots of fun games on ther Xbox Live Arcade. If you ever have young ones over your house you can let them play these if you dont want them touching your games. Anyways, also you have a library of movies to watch that are available in standard definition and in HD. I can go on more but i'll let you experience it by yourself....

With the PS3 you get a nice Blue-Ray player................. thats it.

PS: game developers favor the 360 over the PS3. So let me ask you, which games do you think will come out looking better?

Comment

PS3, because Blu-Ray is whoopin on HD. And because it comes with Blu-Ray unlike X360 that you have to pay for the HD. There are more reasons out there, but those should be enough to make up your mind.
      Schotography

Comment

Originally posted by mschoelen View Post
        PS3, because Blu-Ray is whoopin on HD. And because it comes with Blu-Ray unlike X360 that you have to pay for the HD. There are more reasons out there, but those should be enough to make up your mind.

HD doesn't have a load up time...

Also, for what you pay on a HD player and a 360, it will still be cheaper than a PS3. I'm not a fan boy of the 360 as i've been a fan of both sony and microsoft for a long time. Though all that went away when sony pushed this "gaming" system on us. After a while i learned that xbox is the way to go. The proof is behind the dust sitting on my PS3.

Comment

Since this came up again.

I still really like my PS3. The load time is a pain sometimes but it probably does you good to look away from the TV for a few seconds. Another thing is it runs pretty hot, and the fan isn't the quietest. Not any major complaints but wanted to point them out if anyone is thinking of buying one.

I just hooked up the the internet this past weekend. That's pretty cool. All sorts of free demo and videos you can download. Also picked up Orange Box and played that a bit. It was a blizzard Sunday and the highways were closed so it was a perfect gaming weekend.

I did end up getting my 5 free Blu-ray movies also. Just waiting to do my taxes and see if I'm getting a new TV.
          Scott

Comment

And since the war between HD-DVD and BluRay is now over, with BluRay being victorious, you have an awesome BluRay player too!!. I also received my 5 free movies as promised and they are awesome. So good to be on the right side of a technology decision for a change !
            Bill Poirier
            West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

My PS3 is broke!

It won't read any discs. I'm bummed. I disconnected the power for awhile and tried that but nothing. I guess it's not all that uncommon. According to my reading on the PS3 forums Sony will send you a box to send yours back in and then mail you a different refurbished one. I should have just bought a refurbished one in the first place and saved some money. Alright I'm done ranting.
              Scott

Comment

Scott sorry to hear about that but maybe you can call Sony Customer Service and have an official word to what you have to do. You don't loose anything by trying
                Good luck bro

Comment

Someone else must have voted because this popped up again.

I just sent out my system today UPS back to Sony. I was putting off calling them just because I figured it would be a pain. It wasn't that bad at all. The typical 10 mins. to find my way through the voice mail system but then I was able to talk to a woman named Mary that was super nice. They sent me a prepaid shipping box next day air to send my system back in. All I had to send in was the system, a form and a copy of the receipt. So far I am impressed by their customer service. I'll let you all know when the new system arrives.
                  Scott

Comment

It was me who voted. After I voted, I saw that this thread was a couple of weeks old.
                    To the topic. I would have chosen PS3 as well mostly because of the Blue-Ray. I have not done any research on these systems as I am not looking to buy anytime soon.
                    Too bad that yours broke down. Good luck with the new (refurbished) one you are getting.

Comment

Just wanted to let everyone know that my PS3 is back and working fine. The case is scratched up a bit now, but I'll get PlastX a try on it one of these days. I was surprised that all of my information was still on it. I just figured I was getting a refurbished one back or at least they would wipe it clean. It was perfect timing too, I got it on Monday of this week and GTA IV came out Tuesday.
                      Scott

Comment

I didn't vote in the poll because it's a toss up for me.

Right now, the 360(what I own) has the larger game selection, and arguably has had better exclusives in the past, and will have a few killer exclusives for 2008, but as more and more producers produce for both formats, I feel the 360 is going to lose its edge here. Also, HD lost the format war so this makes the add-on HD drive obsolete; the 360 will not be getting an add-on Blu-Ray drive according to the latest press statements.

The PS3 without a doubt has more powerful hardware. Their exclusive lineup for Q3 and Q4 08 look to be killer, and with more producers producing for both formats, they will eventually even up on killer game offerings with the 360. Also, with sony having so many in house gaming studios, we can expect great exclusives beginning Q2/Q3 of 09. Sony's Blu-Ray has won the format war, and from what I'm hearing the PS3 is amongst the best blu-ray players out; the PS3 is worth the price as a dedicated blu-ray player alone.

Here is the clencher for many though: xbox live costs money, there is a subscription fee, sony online is free, BUT xBox live KILLS sony online, it absolutely destroys it. Plus there is a HUGE gaming community that are addicted to game achievements, which the PS3 lacks completely. On the flip side of that, Microsoft has had what, 7 or 8 years to build the xbox live infrastructure, while sony online is still in it's infancy, we can only hope it gets better. I've also heard on the grapevine that sony online will be adding their own version of gaming achievements, no official word yet as far as I know.
                        I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

i just got word of this... where did everyone hear about the end of the blu-ray/HD war being over??? does this mean we will no longer see HD movies out in the market anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by JDMb18c View Post
                            i just got word of this... where did everyone hear about the end of the blu-ray/HD war being over??? does this mean we will no longer see HD movies out in the market anymore?
                            Correct. HD-DVD movies will no longer being made. Hopefully some of the movies out on HD-DVD will be put on Blu-ray now.

I've also been reading that Blu-ray sales have been slipping since 'most' people can't tell the difference between a Blu-ray and a normal DVD with an upconvert player. I don't have a HDTV so I can't say one way or the other.
                            Scott

Comment

PS3 - the only game I care about is Gran Turismo

The Blu-Ray player & NIN releasing "Beside You in Time" in Blu-Ray put me over the edge:

Comment

Originally posted by hacker-pschorr View Post
                                PS3 - the only game I care about is Gran Turismo

The Blu-Ray player & NIN releasing "Beside You in Time" in Blu-Ray put me over the edge:
                                http://www.amazon.com/Nine-Inch-Nail.../dp/B000MM1GJK
                                Did you get the prologue?
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');