• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XBOX360 or PS3 (Not Spam)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBOX360 or PS3 (Not Spam)

I know the title looks like spam but I'm not here to give you a great deal on one sorry.

I'm looking for something to do during the winter months when it's too cold to do anything else. Pretty much a good time waster.

Any gamers here? Anyone have one or the other? Or maybe both?

So far from what I have found the 360 seems to have a ton more games and the PS3 a bit better graphics and the bluray player. Hopefully if the budget allows (tax return) for it I will be getting a 46" Samsung LCD (LN-T4671) to play on also.

Thanks for the input!
    XBOX360
    46.51%
    PS3
    53.49%
    Scott

Re: XBOX360 or PS3 (Not Spam)

Well I have all 3...the Xbox, PS3, and the Wii.

-Xbox has more games
    -PS3 has awesome graphics but few games. I got it mainly for the Blu-Ray
    -Wii is fun as hell....especially with a few drunk friends!

I like the PS3 over the Xbox becasue of the controlers....having a PS, PS2, and now the PS3 I just like the way they fit you hands.
    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Lucky!!!

I was all set on the Wii but it doesn't look like fun unless you have people over. That and I'm not sure I want my friends swinging the controls around. lol

I'm not a hardcore gamer. Just something to kill time. I'm looking forward to the new GTA game and Battlefield. Those are on both platforms so it's a toss up. Maybe a racing game or two and I'll be set.

Thanks for the info!
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
        Lucky!!!

I was all set on the Wii but it doesn't look like fun unless you have people over. That and I'm not sure I want my friends swinging the controls around. lol

I'm not a hardcore gamer. Just something to kill time. I'm looking forward to the new GTA game and Battlefield. Those are on both platforms so it's a toss up. Maybe a racing game or two and I'll be set.

Thanks for the info!

No prob!

I really don't play the Wii unless it's with other people. I have 2 roommates that each bought a controler and my g/f bought one too so it works out great. I'm not a big gamer either and when I have time to game alone I chose the PS3. I just bought NFS Pro Street and have been having a blast with that. NHL 2007 is fun too. I think I only have like 5 games and I maybe play it once or twice a week. GT5 is coming out soon and I'm looking forward to that....now all I need is the Logitech - G25 Racing wheel and this set up for my living room....I bought a 62" DLP 2 years ago so it will be like a true racing sim.

Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

lol

That's crazy! Party at Rasky's when you get that!!!

I was set on buying the 360 a few weeks ago but now am more leaning towards the PS3.

GTA is wrong in so many ways but it's a blast to play. Just checked out that Pro Street game, that's going on the list too. lol
          Scott

Comment

Well, I bought NFS Pro Street and Call of Duty 4. I've mostly played NFS for the most part. To me, the game is pretty boring. The graphics are not that impressive even with my 8800GT and everything maxed out. The plot also stinks. The main character, Ryan Cooper, is the name of one of my high school friends. How weird is that?

I'll probably start COD4 next week. So far, the graphics are insane and everything looks just look a movie. It's also rated very well.

I forgot to mention, Gears of War is a must for any system!!!!
            Chris
            Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

I play PC games. Just made an upgrade on my hole system, was saving money for a year now and when I put it all together it's going to fly.

Between PS3 and Xbox360, I have friends that have both and Xbox360 has more games, it's true but it's like having so much problems lately, like they heat up and the 3 red lights come out! If you are playing with friends sometimes out of the nothing PUF!! the red lights blinking so that's not cool! jajaj

PS3 has less games, but a least you don't get this problem that Xbox360 has.

It's all up to you really, look all pros and cons, and look VERY WELL at the games! because if you like more the games that come out for Xbox360 that should be your choice, same as PS3.

Just to say, COD4 is a MUST!!! that game is INSANE! Have it for PC, and it's amazing, crazy like it's a very big jump in technology and new effects and graphics, sound, and like always COD has a very very good story for Single Player, aside from this, COD4 is made more for MultiPlayer.

Bottom line, it's really up to you, you are going to hear a lot of different opinions and things but what I would do it really see the games that are out and coming out on both platforms, if you like more the games for one that that should be your choice, doesn't have real much sense if you like the games of the Xbox360 and buy a Wii just because you want to move your hands jejeje

Good luck on your decision Scott and tell us what was your final choice when you decide.

Comment

I would go for PS3 hands down, I was just in my friend's house yesterday playing Unchartedrake's Fortune and it was just awesome man! If there are a few games in the PS3 format now its only a matter of time before they come out with more games.
                SYDSTER

Comment

One thing I hate about the x360 is the fee for online service. I can however say the content online like movies, tv shows and demos makes up for it. I have DL'd tons of really good interesting Documentaries and demos on my hard drive. Online is really the way to go for gaming.
                  2005 MACHINE SILVER C6 CORVETTE - 2006 POLAR WHITE SCION XB - 2003 LEMANS SUNSET NISSAN 350Z
                  "You can take the New Yorker out of NY, but you'll NEVER take NY out of the New Yorker"

Comment

I have a Wii and a 360. The Wii is good for when people come over, and the 360 is just awesome all around. I think the 360 is the way to go, the library is already rock solid and it is still getting better.

Comment

Have had PS2 since it first came out and upgraded to PS3 at Xmas...Amazing...well worth it when you consider the BluRay capabilities. I have a 42" 1080P lcd tv and man, it's cool.

My son has the Wii and it's a blast too...don't know anything about XBox so no comment..
                      Bill Poirier
                      West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

I bought the 360. I love it! I owned 2 PS2s and an original XBOX. I think the 360 was the right move.

Comment

Well... I bought a PS3. Love it so far. So far I have Motorstorm and Call Of Duty: Modern Combat. Only problem is now I really need to get a bigger and better tv. lol
                          Scott

Comment

Congrats! Once you get the big TV I recommend buying the movie "300" on Blu-Ray! A nice surround system is a must too!
                            Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Aw man! I forgot about a surround system. Fingers crossed for a big tax return. lol

I loved that movie. I really like the whole roman era. Some pretty cool and advanced architecture and engineering.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');