• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nxt cure time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nxt cure time?

just read a thread that said to wait 12 hours? i did what the bottle said and did the whole car before removing...that thread was from 2004 but is that still true...if so im gonna go throw a coat on tonight and take it off in the morning. thanks

Re: nxt cure time?

The actual idea is to apply the wax, let it sit until it is dry t oswipe off. Then remove the wax. Then let that sit as long as possible (12-24 hrs for best looks) and then apply the next coat.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

ok thats what i thought but the last thread kinda made it seem like it had to cure on the truck 12 hours...lol thanks

Comment

Mike Phillips did a great seminar in NJ last year and his statement was:
        "Unlike other waxes, this wax does better by sitting", "Therefore, you should wax the whole car, and then go back and start removing it". So, I'm not sure ti should sit for 12+ hours? That's not even kinda pratical, right?
        What I heard anyway...
        Mark Aanonsen, aka...Hoosker

Comment

Just to chime in here to clarify...

After applying NXT to the whole vehicle, the product needs approximately 15 minutes to set up before wiping off the residue. That time frame is what is recommended by Meguiar's. However, many factors must be considered as drying time can be affected by temperature, humidity etc... Therefore we suggest using the Swipe Method to measure the dryness of the product.

To do the swipe test, after waiting approx. 15 min, with a clean finger do a quick swipe across the product on the paint. If the trail is clear of product with no smears etc, then the product is ready to be removed. If not, wait a while longer and do it again. I have rarely needed to wait longer than 30 minutes even in the most humid of conditions.

One thing to keep in mind, you must apply the product very thin. The thicker the coat, the more time it will take to dry. Moreover, a thicker coat does not increase durability etc, it just wastes product.

Finally, leaving NXT longer than recommended can lead to streaking. So just like taking it off too soon can cause issues, so can leaving it on too long. Hence, use the swipe method.

*After the product has been wiped off* Meguiar's recommends leaving the product undisturbed from water, quik detailers etc at least until overnight or 12 hours if possible. Sometimes that is just not realistic, but to get the best performance as intended, the polymers need to set up properly and that takes the time indicated above.

I hope this helps!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

thanks for the info

Comment

iheard something about nxt cure time good info thank you

Comment

Working...
              X