• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you been always using Meguiar's and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have you been always using Meguiar's and why?

Just to add about "Meguiar" vs "Meguiar's"...don't remember if it was Mike Phillips or Mike Stoops that said it, but "Meguiar" was a brother (? or another relation) of Barry Meguiar and started his own company.

During the 70's, I remember seeing the "Meguiar" products at quite a few car shows, even had a sticker from them. It was unique, had a/an armored helmet (like old England) in the logo.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
      WOW BILL!!!! Your memory is sharper than mine. I can barely remember the year I started using the product. I only remember the year because I first used the product on a 1972 G.M. car that I had just purchased.

This product came in a smallish greenish bottle and was rectangular in shape and was not very deep (thick).

Are we still thinking of the same product???
      Sounds familiar, except I remember the bottle being black. I remember the year well, as I had just had a fresh repaint done over Labor Day weekend on my '67 Malibu that I rebuilt from a total. My uncle, the painter, didn't trust me with a rotary, so he gave me a couple sheets of 600 paper, a can of Dupont compound and some instructions on color sanding and rubbing out the fresh paint by HAND. His instructions also included "no wax for 6 months". After that excruciating process was done, I wanted a product to give it more gloss that had no wax content. The Competition Finish was recommended to me by my local parts store/ paint supplier as a fresh paint-safe glaze.
      Here's a pic of the car after I finished it.

Bill

Comment

Over years I used SONAX polish products - after getting in touch with meguiars I loved the gloss - and - very important - I understood how to work with the different products in combination - maybe SONAX is also a great product line, but for me meguiars is much more easy to understand and so to use ...

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');