• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skunk Smell Mystery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skunk Smell Mystery.

When I got my car a couple months ago it was a 1 owner garage kept vehicle. I was too excited on the test drive to notice the smell but when it is warm out (the warmer it gets) the more my car smells like a skunk.

I have vacuumed & shampooed the carpets, and floor mats. I massaged in gold class leather creme several times. I used orange cleaning wipes all over the place, then massaged in leather creme to the dash and door cards. I detailed every inch of every part of the car inside and out to eliminate the smell - but no luck. I even went as far as to unleash 10 "tree" air fresheners at the same time, leaving them in the car for a couple weeks while the car sat with out being used, to no avail.

When I put my nose near anything in the car it all smells like a skunk at least a little bit. I recall seeing a product in the store called "Natures Miracle" which says it has enzymes that are guaranteed to naturally break down odors permanently not just mask them. I don't know if its automobile safe but I'm getting desperate - help!

Re: Skunk Smell Mystery.

I would give a thorough once over with Meguiar's Car Odor Eliminator, then place a bag of Zeolite in the car to do the rest. Google Zeolite and you'll discover its ability to absorb odors, not mask them and it lasts forever!

Comment

Your other option would be to buy an Ozone generator.
      AeroCleanse, LLC
      Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
      www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Have you tried spraying the odor eliminator into the air vent intake? I have done this and had success getting rid of cigarette odor that kept coming out of the vents.

Comment

Thank you for the product / ideas everyone I went and purchased some Meguiar's odor eliminator today and soaked the entire inside of the car with it. I made sure to work it in, then re-apply it as well as spray some into the cabin air intake.

We'll see how it goes, i'm hoping for good results I'd really like people to sit in my car and say "smells good" rather than the "oh my god did you hit a skunk?"

Comment

Maybe the smells coming from the engine and somethings deceased.?
            Otherwise, look for a commercial oder eliminator spray it in places like under seats etc. It probably just needs to air out for a while after being cooped up in garage
            Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
            ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
            (269)650-2242

Comment

I went out to the car today and instead of skunk it smelled kind of like red wine. I wasn't sure why, but I reapplied a whole lot of odor eliminator, and released more vanilla trees. I still have half a bottle of the Meguiar's odor remover left so I will repeat this process until that car smells better.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy The Detailer View Post
                I would give a thorough once over with Meguiar's Car Odor Eliminator, then place a bag of Zeolite in the car to do the rest. Google Zeolite and you'll discover its ability to absorb odors, not mask them and it lasts forever!
                Interesting.
                SYDSTER

Comment

This mystery is becoming more and more interesting all the time. keep us posted.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Check Zeotrap out here. This is what's under my seat. Works like a charm.

Comment

I can't belive my nostrils.... I sprayed the interior down completely twice with the Meguiar's odor eliminator - and used a few little vanilla trees and the skunk smell is gone!

Now the vanilla is too potent for me haha.

I'd just like to go on the record for Meguiar's and say:

Meguiar's Odor Eliminator - inexpensively, efficiently, effectively, and gratefully eliminated the skunk odor from my 97 Supra interior.

- Brett Robertson - Laredo, TX

Comment

Originally posted by 97 Supra View Post
                        I can't belive my nostrils.... I sprayed the interior down completely twice with the Meguiar's odor eliminator - and used a few little vanilla trees and the skunk smell is gone!

Now the vanilla is too potent for me haha.

I'd just like to go on the record for Meguiar's and say:

Meguiar's Odor Eliminator - inexpensively, efficiently, effectively, and gratefully eliminated the skunk odor from my 97 Supra interior.

- Brett Robertson - Laredo, TX
                        A couple of applications inside and through the vents is all it has ever taken me. No trees, ugh!

Glad to hear it's gone!

Comment

The trees just made it smell worse in my car .. haha I didn't expect the product to work so well - I mean who knew a 3 dollar bottle of what appears to be soapy water would get rid of skunk odor?

awesome stuff

Comment

Glad to hear the skunk smell is gone. Looks like another great Meguiars product to the rescue.
                            quality creates its own demand

Comment

If you would like to Google:Car air con smell.
                              Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');