• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M105 Ultra Cut Compound - New!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M105 Ultra Cut Compound - New!

M105 Ultra Cut Compound - New

M105 Ultra-Cut Compound
    Exclusive, super-micro abrasive technology
    FEATURES:
    • Ultra-fast cutting removes 1200 grit or finer sanding marks
    • Super-micro abrasives leave best in class finish
    • Also great for removing scratches, defects, acid rain and severe swirls/holograms
    • For use with a rotary buffer or by hand
    • Not intended to be used with a dual action polisher

M10532 MSRP $30.00
    M10501 MSRP $90.00
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: M105 Ultra Cut Compound - New!

Looks like I have something new to try.
    Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

What is the a reason that this is not recommended with a DA polisher?

Comment

Originally posted by baker View Post
        The first version would tend to get dusty and dry to quickly when used with a DA style machine.

At the time it was introduced it was formulated for use primarily with a rotary buffer as this is a processional product for primarily use on body shops to remove sanding marks.

Lot's of people on the Internet learn about all kinds of detailing products on forums but they don't always know Meguiar's is a major supplier to the refinishing industry and have been since cars have been being made. So sometimes people don't understand that some product we make are for a targeted user group and not primarily "serious enthusiasts" although we love it when they drift into our Professional Line.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Can't say enough about this forum...

Hot Topics

There's 4 pages with 30 threads on a page... something for EVERYONE!

Like this one, which coincidently is exactly your same question...

Why not M105 with a DA Polisher?

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Noticed this was your first post and you're in Bridgewater Nova Scotia so it may be a while till the NEW version of M105 gets to you through normal distribution routes.

From the homepage... (click on the picture of M105 for more information)

M205 Ultra Finishing Polish & M105 Ultra Cut Compound now for DA Polishers!
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Just to note, this thread you've posted to is time stamped Dec 11th, 2007, 10:44 AM

In other words this information your reading was posted about a year ago. We have a forum group for new products called,

2009 New Products and Improved Products

And in it there's a post that I just bumped to the top that re-introduced M105 and in the title of the thread it plainly states that the formula has in fact been reformulated.

M105 Ultra-Cut Compound - New Formula DA Polisher Approved

So just to be clear, M105 has been reformulated for use with a DA Polisher. You'll be able to tell the reformulated version from the previous version by reading the back label under directions for application and there will be a new icon showing a DA Polisher.

Here's a screenshot off a PDF file of the new back label, in order to make it easier to read I cropped it out into two halfs.

Hope that helps clear up any misinformation....

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike, so can I use the G110 with the new M105 to remove sanding marks like 1200 grit or above?

Comment

Originally posted by pooik View Post
                  Mike, so can I use the G110 with the new M105 to remove sanding marks like 1200 grit or above?
                  No.

Two questions for you...
                  • Have you ever done any wet-sanding on automotive paints? For example sanded a small area with some touch-up paint flat?
                  • Have you ever sanded down an entire car or truck and then removed all the sanding marks using a rotary buffer?

This is not intended to put you on the spot but to make a point for everyone that will ever read this thread and have the same question.

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

ADS is now shipping the new M105.

Comment

How about getting some of this product on the shelves up here in Canada. I have been to every body shop supply house in this area and no one has even heard of M105. One even called the regional Meguiars rep and he said he had never heard of this compound either. Please help us here in the Great White North.

Pat.

Comment

Need to get these folks onto this forum so they can catch-up with their industry.

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Well I got some M105. Overall I am impressed with it, I am however running into severe dusting problems.

Comment

To prime new or dry pads, mist on M34 Final Inspection. Apply M105 Ultra-Cut Compound directly to the paint surface and begin working in a 2'x2' area with ...

[Edit: Links removed per our forum rules -Mike Phillips]

Comment

M105 Ultra-Cut Compound
                              Exclusive, super-micro abrasive technology
                              FEATURES:
                              • Ultra-fast cutting removes 1200 grit or finer sanding marks
                              • Super-micro abrasives leave best in class finish
                              • Also great for removing scratches, defects, acid rain and severe swirls/holograms
                              • For use with a rotary buffer or by hand
                              • Not intended to be used with a dual action polisher
                              I've always been wondering. This product claims remove 1200 grit sanding marks. But with what pad? The wool pad or the Softbuff Cutting Pad? I also assume this is a very conservative guideline. Like most detailing products on the market, you can achieve more powerful results with different techniques and patience.

I wonder if with enough working time, good technique, and a yellow (most aggressive) foam pad would remove, say 1000 grit sanding marks.

Basically, what happened is that I had the bodyshop clean up the urethane stuck on the paint of my car. The method the shop used was wetsanding. According to the clerk (who assumingly knows very little about wetsanding), the painter who worked on my car used 1000 grit sandpaper. The painter, however, obviously did not go the extra mile to remove some of the sanding marks that are left on my car. I have no clue whether he finished off using finer paper like 2000 or 2500. The sanding marks are hardly noticeable to the untrained eyes and are very light. However, at certain angle and lighting, I could see the sanding marks, and they bother me lots. I would like to try removing it with M105. I just sold my 7424 for the more powerful variant. So I will not be able to give the M105 and the yellow pad a try.

I do not want to resort to sanding the surface to remove the fine sanding marks. I want to simply use an aggressive cutting foam, M105, and a 7424XP to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');