• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tech Wax 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NXT Tech Wax 2.0

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Mike or anyone, could you please fix the link?
    Thank you
    Robert

Comment

If you really want to do it right, and have amazing, lasting results...you can try what I started using on my own car:
      Wash
      Clay
      M20 base
      M21 2.0
      UQD

Then I just re-do the M21 2.0 or M26 every 3-4 weeks. It looks great, and feels slick ALL the time. It also makes washing extremely easy as nothing really bonds to the paint anymore- it just wipes away without causing damage.

At any rate, the point I am getting at is that M20 is an AWESOME product and a great base for the regular wax of your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
        If you really want to do it right, and have amazing, lasting results...you can try what I started using on my own car:
        Wash
        Clay
        M20 base
        M21 2.0
        UQD

Then I just re-do the M21 2.0 or M26 every 3-4 weeks. It looks great, and feels slick ALL the time. It also makes washing extremely easy as nothing really bonds to the paint anymore- it just wipes away without causing damage.

At any rate, the point I am getting at is that M20 is an AWESOME product and a great base for the regular wax of your choice.
        I still have a full bottle of #20 i havent used

I really like your maintence plan by the way, i guess we all have our own plan thats unique from anyone elses, well kinda
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Hi, I'm new to Meguiars. Got myself NXt 2.0 and Color x. I just love the smell of NXT compared to the other waxes I have used in the past.

I got a few questions to ask. Is it okay to apply color X, followed by NXT 2.0? Will NXT layer nicely on top of color x?

Also, do i need to apply pressure when using NXT 2.0? I do hope you can share your experiences. Thanks loads!

Comment

Originally posted by nutralife View Post
            Hi, I'm new to Meguiars. Got myself NXt 2.0 and Color x. I just love the smell of NXT compared to the other waxes I have used in the past.

I got a few questions to ask. Is it okay to apply color X, followed by NXT 2.0? Will NXT layer nicely on top of color x?

Also, do i need to apply pressure when using NXT 2.0? I do hope you can share your experiences. Thanks loads!
            1. Yes, ColorX is great before Nxt. Have you clayed at all before?

2. You would work in the ColorX with a bit of pressure. The Nxt 2.0 just needs pressed in enough to spread around.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              1. Yes, ColorX is great before Nxt. Have you clayed at all before?

2. You would work in the ColorX with a bit of pressure. The Nxt 2.0 just needs pressed in enough to spread around.
              Thanks for your prompt reply . I was afraid that the oils in colorx might not like NXT. So better aask than be aching all over and sorry. lol

And to your question, yes i've just learnt about claying thanks for your helpfullness

Comment

Just to be clear, ColorX is a cleaner/wax, so you would let it dry before removing it, and it will leave a coat of wax behind.

So it is not just a cleaner/polish leaving only oils behind.

Then the coat of Nxt 2.0 will give your second recomended coat of wax.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Beginner2002 View Post
                  Mike or anyone, could you please fix the link?
                  No can do. That link goes to the "Community Server" forum we switched to and then dumped. It no longer exists and we're back on our original "vBulletin" forum.

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                  Then the coat of Nxt 2.0 will give your second recommended coat of wax.
                  And insure a uniform appearance and uniform coverage.

All Meguiar's waxes will bond or adhere just fine over any Meguiar's prep products. When staying inside a single line or brand of products, because our chemist made all the products they know how to make each product build off the results of the previously applied product.

By staying inside a single product line there is Synergistic Chemical Compatibility. (SCC)

There's a lot of confusion over the word layering on the Internet and just to note, no one has ever proven you can increase the thickness of a layer of wax or a paint sealant by adding more and more layers. No one.

Not one person on all the different forums that talks about how many layers of ANY product they've applied has ever proven they have with each application increased the thickness of the layer of the product they're applying. It's all just talk.

No one has ever shared a method of creating a thicker layer that ANYONE can duplicate with products they can buy and apply in their garage. So until someone can prove in a repeatable and testable method how to create a thicker and thicker layer of protection on the surface of paint, don't buy into the hype and marketing.

The silence on this topic is deafening...

I was afraid that the oils in ColorX might not like NXT.
                  We have a forum group on this discussion forum called Hot Topics and inside of this group is a treasure trove of information that is hot or another way of saying is the threads are there because they are commonly popular among detailing enthusiasts. When you get a chance scan through the pages of threads as you're sure to find topics you're curios about.

Do Glazes/Fillers affect the bonding of NXT?

A question on wax bonding and the potential for interference by a quick detailer?

Which products need to dry before removing?

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Murr1525 and Mike Phillips, Thanks so much for the information provided, I will definitely benifit from it.

Comment

a perfect product..... really great and easy to use!
                      Ganesa,
                      Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

definately abunch of useful info!
                        ive used turtle wax's ice wax and that was my main wax up until i try the NXT 1.0 wax,
                        soooo much better!! i cant wait to get the 2.0 im kind of excited haha

Comment

Mike,
                          This is my 1st post. Thanks for the great site. I am picking up my new wakeboard boat this weekend (gelcoat). I want to put at least one coat of wax on her before she hits the water. I have used the Meguiars Marine products (one step compound) in the past and been very happy. Can/should I use this NXT Tech Wax 2.0 on gelcoat? This stuff sounds awsome. If not, should I use the No.45 Polish before I use the No.63 Flagship Marine Wax, or is the polish not necessary since it is a brand new boat?
                          Thank You!
                          dtown

Comment

I just picked some up last night! Leaving work early today to wax the ride

Just a heads up this stuff is on sale (12.99) @ JOE's up here in the NorthWest. So go stock up!
                            "Every moment frontin and maxin
                            Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
                            "

Comment

Originally posted by dtown View Post
                              Mike,
                              This is my 1st post. Thanks for the great site. I am picking up my new wakeboard boat this weekend (gelcoat). I want to put at least one coat of wax on her before she hits the water. I have used the Meguiars Marine products (one step compound) in the past and been very happy. Can/should I use this NXT Tech Wax 2.0 on gelcoat? This stuff sounds awsome. If not, should I use the No.45 Polish before I use the No.63 Flagship Marine Wax, or is the polish not necessary since it is a brand new boat?
                              Thank You!
                              dtown
                              Hi dtown,

Sorry I missed this? What did you ever do?

Meguiar's recommends using products from the matching product line for the items you're working on, so in this case the recommendation would be to use the Flagship Premium Marine Wax.

Sometimes it can be helpful to start a new thread to ask a question just because sometimes when a thread gets real long over time a post can kind of get lost.

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I tried this wax and didnt have much luck with it. I dont know if it was the weather/humidity or what happened. It was a friend of my brothers car who I detailed and he called back like 3 days later and said the car had a nasty film and swirls. I checked it out and re did the car using a 3m hand glaze (sorry but I like the 3m glaze alot) followed by meguiars gold class and the car still looks great to this day. Im sure its a great product, but I didnt seem to get the great results like others have. I did use the paste form not the liquid not that it should of made a difference
                                Last edited by GMGuy; Apr 10, 2009, 06:43 AM. Reason: forgot to add something

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');