• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tech Wax 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NXT Tech Wax 2.0

Originally posted by Wilco View Post

what has got me questioned was why (to my eyes) was the surface feel not as sleek as nxt 1.0? after my final wipe down, it was sleek, but just didnt feel like an oooozee sleekness as nxt 1.0.
    Don't know.

See comments like this for NXT and other products all the time.

The only way to really know what's what however would be to do a side-by-side with both products and it's usually not reliable to go by your memory of how you think something felt in the past.

I don't ever get that deep into this myself. I trust the product to do what the manufacture says it will do and I get results that satisfy my car care goals. After I'm done waxing my car or a customer's car I usually clean up and move on to something else trusting that I've done my best regardless of any measurement in how the paint feels.

If you want more slickness, mist on some UQD and then feel the paint, maybe do a comparison with one section just the wax and another section with UQD

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

yea thanks mike

i did follow up the whole car with QD, it did feel 'more' sleeker
      well its been 3days after i waxed it and i placed an empty coffee cup, it didnt slide off. lol.

not to worry, i'll keep experimenting with this new product. at least i know its on! hydrophobicness is working just fine. maybe its the new polymers not sleek-ing well with my paint, as its a single stage.
      Regards, Wilco
      There's No Shine Like Meguiar's

Comment

Originally posted by Wilco View Post
        Hi guys,

so ive been trying to get my hands on nxt2.0 for YEARS BABY.
        and yesterday was the first time i had tried it out seeing i am 1/4 way through my 2yr old tech wax. (seriously i wax frequently and yet the bottle is still not finished, sheesh talk about value!)

anywho, i applied it after doing claybar, some mild paint cleaning, areas of scratch x and the surface was a smooth as glass.

what has got me questioned was why (to my eyes) was the surface feel not as sleek as nxt 1.0? after my final wipe down, it was sleek, but just didnt feel like an oooozee sleekness as nxt 1.0.

after leaving it overnight, it honestly felt like it had a SEEMINGLY thin thin layer, so thin its as though it wasnt waxed. previously, 1 coat of thin nxt wax 1.0 would make coffee cups slip off - even more so if left overnight, however this was different?

anyone shed light? btw i shaked the bottle prior to application.
        Try two coats...that should improve coverage an slickness.
        Paul Marmarinos
        Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
        "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

I like the newly designed package "It's like having a new software update 2.0" now the In real life experience with this

Comment

righto
            so its been 1 week since i waxed my car with nxt2.0

something is a lil weird....
            it stopped beading well. i'll need to document my experiences via a side by side comparison with nxt 1.0 to make my assumptions valid.

whats more, the surface feels totally unwaxed. from my strong memory, nxt 1.0 would easily slick off dirty even after 3weeks. it seems i'll need to detail my car again, and double check ive got everything right - which im sure i have.
            Regards, Wilco
            There's No Shine Like Meguiar's

Comment

hey wilco,
              thanks for posting your finds. I juss used some 2.0 myself on my ride along side with some UQD to improve "slickness" so far its' been only 1 day. I juss dusted my car...so far so good.
              but again, thanks for documentation.

Comment

just used show car glaze and NXT 2.0 yesterday on my 71 Z and amazing shine....it was very easy to use!
                [B]1971 Chevrolet Camaro RS/Z28
                1966 Chevrolet C-10
                1989 Pontiac Bonneville

Comment

Is the new Tech Wax 2.0 easier to remove than the first version? The first version was OK to remove after hazing, but I still think it could be better. I just recently bought a competitor's wax, Mothers FX Synwax. No disrespect to Meguiars (still a big fan), but it was a breeze to remove. It made my waxing process much faster, less time to wipe and buff.

Comment

Originally posted by EPHIOS View Post
                    Is the new Tech Wax 2.0 easier to remove than the first version? The first version was OK to remove after hazing, but I still think it could be better. I just recently bought a competitor's wax, Mothers FX Synwax. No disrespect to Meguiars (still a big fan), but it was a breeze to remove. It made my waxing process much faster, less time to wipe and buff.
                    I did a side-by-side V1 vs V2 on my wife's car last week. V2 was easier to apply and remove. A little went a very loooong way. Big improvement. Almost as easy as Mothers for removal. The most noticable difference was the way it concealed minor swirls. V1 was good at it, but V2 is king!
                    Paul Marmarinos
                    Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                    "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Originally posted by Alfisti View Post
                      I did a side-by-side V1 vs V2 on my wife's car last week. V2 was easier to apply and remove. A little went a very loooong way. Big improvement. Almost as easy as Mothers for removal. The most noticable difference was the way it concealed minor swirls. V1 was good at it, but V2 is king!
                      Thanks! Now, I am more excited to buy the 2.0 version.

Comment

I just bought my first bottle of NXT Tech Wax 2.0, I've been using Eagle One Nano Wax and found it did everything as advertised. (It worked great) I used to use the NXT Tech Wax (Later vesion) but found it did not last as long between waxes as the Eagle One nor did it hide the minor scratches and swirl marks as well as the Egale One. I am giving the New NXT Wax a try as i have always liked the Meguiar's brand and am hoping for the best.

Comment

Thanks for giving us another chance.

Finding the right wax is often times a very personal decision. I was on another forum reading through their threads on on the same page on the same day there were these two thread,

I hate Gold Class Wax
                          I love Gold Class Wax

People see things differently, and a whole host of other factors go into personal preference.

Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike and group,

I have been using this for the last six months and have been impressed. I usually clay before hand. Here are my questions:
                            1. Do you reccomend putting more than 1 coat and if so, how long should I allow the wax to cure/dry before wiping off and how long between coats?

2. I don't believe NXT 2.0 has any cleaners in it. What do you reccomend as a cleaner (paint polish?) prior to applying NXT 2.0?

3. Our main vehicle is pearl white, very forgiving color. We just recently added a black vehicle, I want to use NXT 2.0 on this vehicle as well, what do you reccomend for black vehicles to keep swirl marks, light scratches and water spots to a minimum?

I hand wax all of my vehicles.

Does NXT 2.0 work better when you utilize all products together, i.e. NXT car wash, NXT quick detailer & NXT spray wax? I have been using the NXT 2.0 liquid wax, is the spray wax necessary? I have been using ultimate quick detailer, would nxt quick detailer be better as I am using nxt wax? Thanks
                            06 TSX
                            5 Speed Auto/Navi
                            Premium White Pearl/Ebony
                            100% Stock - Yes, The Factory Does Know Best
                            04 Escape 4WD

Comment

Anyone?
                              06 TSX
                              5 Speed Auto/Navi
                              Premium White Pearl/Ebony
                              100% Stock - Yes, The Factory Does Know Best
                              04 Escape 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by tsturbo View Post
                                1. Do you reccomend putting more than 1 coat and if so, how long should I allow the wax to cure/dry before wiping off and how long between coats?

2. I don't believe NXT 2.0 has any cleaners in it. What do you reccomend as a cleaner (paint polish?) prior to applying NXT 2.0?

3. Our main vehicle is pearl white, very forgiving color. We just recently added a black vehicle, I want to use NXT 2.0 on this vehicle as well, what do you reccomend for black vehicles to keep swirl marks, light scratches and water spots to a minimum?

I hand wax all of my vehicles.

Does NXT 2.0 work better when you utilize all products together, i.e. NXT car wash, NXT quick detailer & NXT spray wax? I have been using the NXT 2.0 liquid wax, is the spray wax necessary? I have been using ultimate quick detailer, would nxt quick detailer be better as I am using nxt wax? Thanks
                                1. Yes, two thin coats is recomended.

2. Something mild like the Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner is a good choice, or using a cleaner/wax before hand.

3. The wax will not keep away scratches/swirls. You have to use good washing techniques, good quality towels/sponges, etc to prevent that.

4. You can mix and match all the product lines. Just to note, the UQD is not for claying. The regular QD is best for that.

The spray waxes are for after a wash when you have a good coat of wax on the car, just to freshen things up. Some people will use the UQD, and some will use the quick waxes. Just takes a few more minutes with the quick waxes.
                                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');