• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tech Wax 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Tech Wax 2.0

NXT Tech Wax 2.0

NXT GENERATION™ TECH WAX™ 2.0
    ——————————————
    NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 is a scientific breakthrough that introduces a new dimension of gloss and protection. Our new and improved formula produces unbelievably deep, vibrant color and a dramatically clear wet-look. Hydrophobic Polymer Technology™ provides relentless water beading and protection against oxidation, corrosion, UV rays and surface degradation. “Hydrophobic” means “water-fearing” and this new breakthrough technology builds such incredible protection and surface tension that water beads up and just glides off your paint finish, wash after wash!

G12718 18-OZ Liquid wax with applicator MSRP $17.39
    G12711 11-OZ Paste wax with applicator MSRP $17.39

NXT comes in a box with an applicator pad inside the box

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: NXT Tech Wax 2.0

Good stuff
    Last edited by prnsr82; Dec 17, 2007, 07:15 PM.
    'In Veritate Victoria'
    2007 F-150 - Texas Blue
    Houston - Tx

Comment

Excellent, love the NXT wax!
      Any news when this will be available in Europe (Germany)?

Comment

Re: NXT Tech Wax 2.0---Same as M21 2.0?

Mike,

I am reading about M21 2.0. Is this simply NXT 2.0 or something different?

Comment

Re: NXT Tech Wax 2.0---Same as M21 2.0?

Originally posted by austinls View Post
          Mike,

I am reading about M21 2.0. Is this simply NXT 2.0 or something different?
          They are similar products, the Professional version is formulated so that it can be applied using a rotary buffer. Meguiar's doesn't recommend applying waxes with rotary buffers as it tends to leave the paint with swirls in it, but remember which line M21 2.0 is in...

The Professional Line

This means it is distributed to and used in the Detailing industry and it doesn't take too much reading on any forum to understand there are a lot of "Hack Detailers" that put more emphasis on making paint shiny fast, not created swirl free finishes.

Besides that, we're not sure there are any difference since the formulas for both products have been updated.

For me, when working on my own cars I use NXT 2.0 and for my customers I use NXT 2.0, mostly because my customers can find it just about at any auto parts stores. Most people, (customers), don't know how to find a PBE store which is where our Professional line is predominantly distributed through.

Hope that helps...

p.s.

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

A cool touch is that NXT 2.0 comes with a matching purple applicator. No, the color really doesn't matter, but it tells you that they put thought into all aspects of the product.
            2006 Chopped and Dropped Dodge Grand Caravan SXT

Comment

I simply can not stress how great this stuff is! It is without a doubt on a whole new level compared to the first one, and is the only wax that goes on my car now!

Comment

When will this be available in the UK?

Comment

The first batch of NXT Tech Wax 2.0 was manufactured in December and was almost solely allocated for Wal-Marts Holiday kits. It has only been available directly through Meguiar's for just over a month. In fact the paste version was not even available until a few days ago. Generally speaking it takes a few months for new products to make it around the world. However this is a popular item and I am sure most of our distributors/partners around the globe have already placed orders for it. For any more detailed information you will have to check with your local Meguiar's office or distributor. You can find most of them right on the International page of meguiars.com. Here is the link...

Meguiar's International
                  Brian Hann
                  Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
                  Meguiar's Inc.
                  Irvine, California
                  bhann@meguiars.com
                  (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Thanks Brian

Comment

Can I use this wax on my Seadoo jetski?

Comment

I have some #83 and some Show Car Glaze on the way, and I was going to pick up some NXT 2.0, but I'm hearing that it's more suitable for darker colors, and I'm working with white. [Single stage, 1987 Mercedes white paint] Is it still OK to use? I wanted a Meguiar's product to finish off with, and the NXT 2.0 appealed to me because it is easy to use / buff off. Any feedback is appreciated!!!! I just didn't want something that would darken the finish.

PS: getting ready for a car show on the 13th, so I have to choose before this weekend!!
                        Kevin
                        Overland Park, KS USA
                        1987 MB 560SL
                        2003 MB ML320
                        2006 Mini Cooper S

Comment

^^Should work perfectly on white. I used it on a highly oxidized van that I corrected and it looked great after

Notice how little gloss/reflection it had before I did anything to it...

This is after polishing and about 2 coats of NXT 2.0...
                          Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

I had some problems with it on a black car in the heat so I stick with #26 on it, but have been using NXT 2.0 on my white with orange striped pickup and it looks great on that car.
                            too many cars, not enough time.....

Comment

Good information - thanks! I almost bought some NXT at Lowes yesterday, but it was not the 2.0 - they are still selling the 1st gen product. I'll head over to Advance Auto Parts to get 2.0....or maybe #26....or the 2.0.....decisions decisions....
                              Kevin
                              Overland Park, KS USA
                              1987 MB 560SL
                              2003 MB ML320
                              2006 Mini Cooper S

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');