• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tech Wax 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NXT Tech Wax 2.0

Basically the same, but better!

Get the 2.0 if you can.
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

The 2.0 is a lot better... I wouldnt want the Nxt 1.0.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hi,

I accidentaly got some NXT wax on the plastic trim, i didn't notice it at first and now it leaves a white stain/haze on the black plastic

How can I remove it ?

thank you

Comment

You can try gold class trim detailer or ultimate protectant, work in using a terry or microfiber towel for better cleaning.

Comment

Originally posted by schleima View Post
            Hi,

I accidentaly got some NXT wax on the plastic trim, i didn't notice it at first and now it leaves a white stain/haze on the black plastic

How can I remove it ?

thank you
            I have done the same thing. I used rubbing alcohol and a terry towel wash cloth, it took some rubbing but it came off. Learn form mistakes and now I tape these places off. hope this helps.

Comment

Hello there. Today I apllied a coat of NXT 2.0 on top of Cleaner Wax. The NXT 2.0 dried really fast, at a point where I had to really make some strong buffing, and the wax was leaving some little residues behind, tiny dried pieces of wax. When the NXT 2.0 dries too much on the paint, can it damage the paint? I looked at my car in the sun and have not found any residues or defects (Grey Corolla). But I'm worried as hell (brand new car). Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by marcosjnk View Post
                When the NXT 2.0 dries too much on the paint, can it damage the paint? Thanks!
                The only damage that's likely to be done to the paint is the possible marring from excessive rubbing. I've found missed spots of dried NXT weeks later when I was doing door jambs, under hoods or trunks and wiped it off without effort. No offense intended, but the first thought that occurs to me is that you're using way too much product. Cleaner Wax is very forgiving in that regard, which is why it's my most recommended product for inexperienced users, but when you moved to the NXT as a topper(good choice BTW), it was a bit more sensitive to over-application. If you're a newbie here, do a bit of searching of the tutorials and you'll find that you only need enough product to cover the surface, even if you can barely see it. Spend a bit more time in careful application and you'll be rewarded with less effort expended in removal, as well as using much less product per wax job.
                Again, I don't mean to be condescending, but I've been using NXT for many years and my only issues with difficult removal were purely due to my own carelessness in application.

Bill

Comment

Thanks. You are right, Billy, I used too much wax. And I've read the tutorials, BUT...in practice things can get messy hehe. I'll check the car later to see if anything else went wrong.

Comment

The more you detail or at least wax your car, you'll definitely become better. The entire practice will become a lot neater, and you'll be able to apply wax (any wax) a lot thinner, so thin you'll hardly believe that there is wax on the paint. To assist the final "clean-up" of your wax job in case you missed anything, you can use a quick detailer or even mist of water especially on tighter spots. Thicker applications which I've been guilty of in my experience didn't make buffing off the wax any harder, but it did leave uneven/patchy/smeary look which is clearly seen on dark paint, this is what i experinced with the liquid NXT 2.0 with the paste. It's to easy to use to much product with the liquid without being too aware of it.. the paste, it is a bit harder to apply thinly but it makes you or me more methodical in applying waxes, preventing or at least minimizing any streakiness.

Comment

The last few times i applied 2.0 it left oily swirls behind. I was able to remove them by rubbing hard with quick detailer, but i would like to prevent it entirely.

I left the wax on for 20 minutes, and due to time restraints i had to remove it at that time without bothering with a swipe test. Too soon?

Comment

Originally posted by SpoolMe View Post
                        The last few times i applied 2.0 it left oily swirls behind. I was able to remove them by rubbing hard with quick detailer, but i would like to prevent it entirely.

I left the wax on for 20 minutes, and due to time restraints i had to remove it at that time without bothering with a swipe test. Too soon?
                        Yeah probably. That and perhaps too much product..
                        Originally posted by Blueline
                        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Good stuff ,it's very useful to me!

Comment

NXT 2.0 is an easy to use product, but as with many products, you have to apply it as thinly as possible to minimize/eliminate waste. It also allows the product to haze faster, remove easier, minimizing any oily streaks. Humidity and temp. definitely plays a huge factor on how fast NXT 2.0 or any other wax/sealant dries. NXT 2.0 is designed to dry to a haze before removal. If not, you won't get optimum results and protection.

Comment

Just letting the good people at Meguiar's know that I love NXT 2.0, and still use it regularly. Great results every time!

Comment

So cool touch is that NXT 2.0 comes with a matching purple applicator...............

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');