• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

white cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white cars

I just got done detailing 2 badly neglicted white vehicles. Both cars were absolutely full of little orange spots, industrial fallout, and tar. I clayed with Meguiar's mild clay and used some DC1 paint cleaner before waxing. Both turned out awesome, but it's taking 2-3 hrs to do this cleaning step. I'm ruining a piece of clay per car. Any ideas how to speed it up maybe using some other solvents, something short of using a rotary with a wool pad. What do you pro's use for this?

Re: white cars

Use a decontamination system to cure this problem.

AutoInt and Finish Kare offers such decon systems.

Comment

Originally posted by Bence View Post
      Use a decontamination system to cure this problem.

AutoInt and Finish Kare offers such decon systems.
      Thanks for this info. I never knew about "decontamination systems". Thanks again!

Comment

I dont know why you would want to pour a strong solvent onto a show car... "ruining" a piece of clay per car is the safe way to do it.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Seems alot safer in the long run.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Have you tried using Body Solvent on the tar?
            on, people!

Comment

Well for the spots due to the fallout, rail dust, ect, clay is the way to go. Why not get the aggressive clay instead of the mild? It'll be much easier to remove.
              It took me 2 hours to thoroughly clay my white car with a regular clay bar. I had touched up a few area's w/ an aggressive clay bar and it came out MUCH easier.

Polishing w/ a 8006 and some M80 would probably solve up that problem real quick too.
              if not, you could step up on the abrasive scale.
              Wiseguys Auto Detailing

Serving North Florida

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');