• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black and Decker Polisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black and Decker Polisher

Hey Guys! I just got a Black and Decker KP 900 polisher/waxer from my Brother-in-law as a gift since This Black and Decker Polisher is only a third of the price of the professional type that I have always wanted And I cant afford the professional type as of now. Can you please share some Ideas on how I can maximize the use of this machine with meguiars products? Can I use this to remove swirl marks? light oxidation? apply wax? Given that I use attachements that came with the machine (wool pad and polishing pad foam) How?

Im a newbie in detailing and I only had a short course for paint care using meguairs products. All the professional and consumer products are readily available here in the Philippines.

Please share your experiences If you have used this type of machine.
    Recommended Meguiar's Products (dual action cleaner/wax, hi tech yellow wax, etc.)
    how to use the machine and the products.

Thank you very much for your time, i hope Im not asking to much and I hope to learn from all of you here at the Meguiar's Forums.

KP 600/900

Re: Black and Decker Polisher

A tool like that will be able to spread waxes, polishes, but wont have the power to really remove swirls/scratches. With enough effort, it might remove light swirls from workable paint, but that is about it. Here is a link talking about that:

Rotary vs. PC vs. Regular Orbital Buffer

And as far as the pads, etc, you are on your own. Or try and see if the Meguiars, or Sonus, or any good pads can be used on it at all?

As far as products, you would still use the basic machine products. Read this link:

Recommended Products - G100a Dual Action Polisher

And then this is how the G100 would be used, maybe you can apply it to your machine:

Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line

Hope that helps you out a bit....
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Black and Decker Polisher

that would be a step up as far as doing work by hand, youll be able to apply wax quickly with it, and depending on how bad the paint is youll get some good results using color x, could be good at applying scratch x also

can never have to many tools anyway
      2007 2500 SILVERADO HD BLACK
      2008 Tahoe White
      Beaufort,S.C

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');