• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New car paint paint sealant and scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car paint paint sealant and scratches

I just purchased a new Scion XB and the dealer had already installed what is know as the Toyotoguard paint sealant. Also I noticed the paint has spider or swirl type scratches all over.

So I have some questions and would like your opinions and the following items

1) What would be the best way and what product to remove the paint sealant that is suppose to be currently on the car ?

2) Would you recommend Scratch X or speed glaze to remove the spider or swirl scratches ?

I also want to clay the car is it possible by claying the car it would remove the paint sealant and help with the scratches ?

If you would like me to post pictures of the scratches or swirls I can do that tomorrow.

Thanks in advance

Re: New car paint paint sealant and scratches

1. Using a clay bar and a paint cleaner (Deep Crystal #1 or ScratchX) is the best way to remove old wax, etc.

2. By hand, ScratchX.

3. Clay will help with the sealant, but it will not remove swirls. Clay works on things on the surface, swirls are down in the surface, so a paint cleaner is needed for those.

We love pictures, but those are your basic answers. Feel free to ask away more...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Are you in Seminole Township or Seminole County? Assuming you are in Seminole county and want me to take a look at it, shoot me a P.M. That toyota stuff is a scam, BTW.
      Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

I actually live in the city of Seminole which is located in Pinellas County which is part of the Tampa Bay area.

Thanks for the replies so far. I will take some pictures in the daylight and then post them.

I agree the Toyota Paint Sealant is a rip off but it was already installed by the dealer on this car months ago.

Since the 2006 Scion XB's were disappearing fast since the new 08 model is due out in May I wanted a specific color and there were only two of them in the state of FL available so I had to settle for the options already on the car.

But the bright spot was I negoitated with the dealer and made him credit me the entire cost of the Toyoguard package so at least it didn't cost me anything.

Comment

Good luck with your scion neighbor. Just up the road from you. new port Richey for me.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks for the kind words 23jam.
            This may sound kind of funny but I have been driving company cars for the past 20+ years and this is the first new car I have purchased for myself so I feel like a 8 year old on christmas morning waiting to open the presents

Comment

I am going out to Largo next weekend (maybe sooner). My parents live out thier and I have a 2006 Gallarado and an '87 Testarossa to detail. PM me if you want me to look at it.

Comment

One more post so I don't have the number 666

Comment

well it looks like you love your new car very much and want to give it the best... so i guess you wouldnt mind throwing out a few bucks to make it look the best you can make it...

get a PC!!! and 80 and 83 and NXT tech wax and clay and megs car wash and all the towels and pads you need to apply them...its so easy a grandma can do it(not kidding...there was a pic from one of the saturday classes)..... probably just run you around $200 to 300 depending on which PC you get... G100 or the non meguiars one... best thing about it is that once you get a hang of it you can do others people car and make that money back so it pays for itself....

Comment

I already have many Meguiars products incuding the G100 etc. My main thing is I was trying to determine which Meguairs product would be the best to remove the scratches or swirl type marks ?

I was thinking either scratch x or speed glaze 80.

I will upload some pictures ( when I figure out how ) so all of you can view the scratches and make your suggestions.

Thanks,

Comment

If you already have the G100, then #80 would be a great place to start, and then ScratchX for the hard to reach spots.
                      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Would you recommend using the W9006 pad with the G100 and the speed glaze #80 ?

Comment

9006 is the cutting pad right? Then no...

Either ways I would try the 8006 pad with #80. If that doesn't work then you can try #83.

I haven't used the PC to polish in a while so I forget the pad numbers. I do 99 percent of my work with a rotary and an 8000 pad.

Comment

Okay I finally figured out how to post some pictures of the swirls or scratches that are on my 2006 xB

Please go to this website

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Please let me know your thoughts on which Megiuars products and techniques would be the best for removing these scratches

Comment

Looks like you got the Dealer Installed Swirl Option via rotary with your paint protection plan for Free! What a deal!
                              Anyway, I would follow these steps:
                              1. Wash and dry the car.
                              2. Clay.
                              3. Get the car in some shade and tape off a section. Then do a test spot with #80. Pull the car back into the sun and have a look. If it's up to your standards proceed to step 4. If it's close but not quite what you are looking for, try another pass with #83 this time and inspect again. If you don't have #83 then try two applications with #80 if needed.
                              4. Once you have the look you want go ahead and do the entire vehicle.
                              5. Follow that with 2 applications of your favorite LSP. NXT would be a good choice and would really make that color pop!
                              6. Spend the next 4 hours looking at your car with a great sense of satisfaction!
                              Jason

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');