• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dent!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dent!!!!

hey guys quick question.... one of my buddies who isnt a very good driver backed into my car yesterday... he dented my front fender with very little paint damage... i told him i would try and remove the dent myself and if i cant get it out i would bill him for the cost of the body shop... the dent is oblong shaped sort of like a cone (big to small- back to front) about 6"long and maybe 3" wide at the widest. it pushed in the panel, but he was backing up so slowly i think it will be fine if i can get it back out...
    any ideas how to remove this dent? or how much do you think a body shop would cost? i would take pictures BUT its very very difficult to see with the camera thanks my my spotlessly clean vehicle

OH... i buffed the scuff and scratches off last night with an electric buffer my friend had.

Re: Dent!!!!

Without the right skills and tools fixing it yourself may not be a good idea. Although, I respect your willingness to try. I like to do things myself as well but for a good dent on my ride I would probably bow to the pros.

I would find someone that specializes in paint free dent repair that is established and know for their high quality as well as a great a reputation.

I have not had this type of repair myself but I have visited a reputable shop once that specialized in this type of work before and was amazed at some of the things they could do. I believe the pricing is very reasonable. Couldn’t hurt to check it out most places like that will give you a free estimate.

Just a thought or two. Someone else may have a better suggestion or guide you through process that works for you.

Comment

Get the PDR. Paintless dent removal. It works very well. From your description it sounds like it is repairable with that method. The good thing is that you can usually avoid a repaint with this method.

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

yup, if its not that bad, PDR should work out great. I had a small dent on my drivers door and had a body shop sand it and all that ****. I was stupid at the time and didnt know PDR was around. I probably could of punched the door from behind and popped it out.. I kick myself everyday now.. The paint job doesnt look that good.
        Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Originally posted by BlueLibby04 View Post
          yup, if its not that bad, PDR should work out great. I had a small dent on my drivers door and had a body shop sand it and all that ****. I was stupid at the time and didnt know PDR was around. I probably could of punched the door from behind and popped it out.. I kick myself everyday now.. The paint job doesnt look that good.
          I was amazed at how well the PDR works. I had a crease right on the edge of the wheel well and they managed to get it out too! Anything that avoids a repaint is worth a try!

The mere thought of having any kind of repaint scares me! They usually don't turn out that well.

RamAirV1
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

ya and i figure if i cant get it out myself, they could fix it, or i could just use this as an opportunity to put my fenders on... haha the guy who hit me said he would pay for 1/2 of the fenders if i decided to get new ones... where can i get the pdr? thanks for all of the advice. im going to look into an estimate on monday most likely

Comment

I had a opportunity to use a pdr. My cts was stuck in a hail storm. Insurance paid out over $1300 dollars for the storms damage. They did a fantastic job. They even offered a lifetime warranty on the work. It turned out to be a great ending to a saga that had me upset at first.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by redhotchevy2000 View Post
                ya and i figure if i cant get it out myself, they could fix it, or i could just use this as an opportunity to put my fenders on... haha the guy who hit me said he would pay for 1/2 of the fenders if i decided to get new ones... where can i get the pdr? thanks for all of the advice. im going to look into an estimate on monday most likely
                I had it done at the Pontiac dealer where my car is serviced. They were recommended by them, and I figured the dealer wouldn't recommend anyone that is not good because they would get tired of the customer complaints. The PDR people go around and work at different dealerships. The company that did my dent repair was Dent Scholar. There are other good ones like Dr. Dent.

You can also have a PDR come to your workplace and fix it in the parking lot.

RamAirV1
                2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I do PDR work, That dent ( as long as it doesnt have a sharp crease in it, or isnt close to a body line or edge of the panel) shouldnt cost you more than $200 to get it pushed out. Just find a good Tech. with a good reputation. The best place to find a good PDR tech is at a new car store That also sales pre owned. Theyve all got a tech that probaly services them on a weekly basis.

Comment

it actually runs into the fender well... or very close to it...!!

Comment

Originally posted by redhotchevy2000 View Post
                      it actually runs into the fender well... or very close to it...!!
                      How about a picture of it?

I had a dent that was right on the edge of the wheel well and it was successfully repaired. I was impressed to say the least!

RamAirV1
                      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');