• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning canvas top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning canvas top

I have a Cadillac with a beige canvas top . The problem is there are dark spots coming up from the bottom side of the material . I have tried 303 cleaner on it with no results . Can anyone help ?
    1971 GSX Stage 1
    1967 GS 400
    1978 Chev P/U SS custom

Re: Cleaning canvas top

Are the spots mildew stains?I have had trouble in the past removing mildew stains.I have not had a canvas top in my shop in a while.I've used joemax from home depot or lowes a while back on a boat that was outside for a couple a years and it cleaned up good.

Comment

Could be mildew , just not sure . One idea I have is maybe glue stain coming from bottom . I will try the Jomax . Your recommendations on cleaning it . How about a good protectant ? The car stays outside unfortunately .
      1971 GSX Stage 1
      1967 GS 400
      1978 Chev P/U SS custom

Comment

Try Meg's Canvass Cleaner

http://www.meguiars.com/?boat-cover-care/Canvas-Cleaner

and their Protectant

http://www.meguiars.com/?boat-cover-...vas-Protectant

I have a convertible top and these products have worked fine for me. You may also try a product called RaggTopp.
        2007 Accord EX-L Coupe
        Nighthawk Black Pearl

Comment

TRY THE MEGS PRODUCTS FIRST.Noticed your over in mobile,I bet its mildew maybe not,its humid and wet sometimes here.Can you post pics?Maybe when i get my mobile unit up I can help you.

Comment

Haven't seen the Megs products recommended in the stores I go to but I will look again . If I don't find this weekend I will order from Megs . Thanks Mr. Clean for the offer if this does not get the job done I will definatly get in touch with you . I hate to see a nice car like this with an obvious cosmetic problem .
            1971 GSX Stage 1
            1967 GS 400
            1978 Chev P/U SS custom

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');