• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1983 Porsche - bring back the shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1983 Porsche - bring back the shine

Well, I started the transformation tonight. Started out using #82 and to my suprise it took out about 95% of the swirls in the paint and made it look very very good. All I had time to do tonight was the hood... so here is some teaser pics. I plan on doing the rest tomorrow. I think for the rest of the car I am going to go back over with #80 and then #82 again and go with NXT from there. I can't wait to get it done....

Before: The flash brough out a few specs of dust... but the swirls is what I wanted to show.

And after: Man Meguiars does it right...

I'll get the rest of the car done and more pics tomorrow.
    Last edited by bullet1; Jul 28, 2004, 09:31 PM.
    -Brian
    2007 Obsidian Black IS350

Holywhattheohmy!

What a change!!!!!!!!!

I sometimes judge people by the cleanliness of their car.
    Take the Car Crazy Test

Comment

you did great!

Comment

Ok, finished up the Porsche tonight... looks great, I am a Meguiars customer for life. Final process ended up being #83 on a cutting pad first followed by #82 on a Polishing pad followed by NXT on a Finishing pad... here are the results.

Before

After

Let me know what you all think. I am very pleased with the outcome. There are still some imperfections, but the car is 21 years old with 111,000+ miles on it. Not bad for my 2nd go around with a PC
        -Brian

Comment

Don
          12/27/2015
          "Darth Camaro"
          2013 Camaro ... triple black
          323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Super Job!

I love Black and you did the color justice!

My Dad said once..."Son...you can never do enough for a good customer!" I Said "Don't worry Dad...I won't"!

Hehehehe

Comment

Amazing work! Especially with a PC.

Was it washed with a Scotch-Brite Pad before you :lol
              Sean Busch

Comment

Really nice work!
                Was there any hazing with the #83 and cutting pad? That seems a little harsh and it took some nads to do it on a black car.
                SRT-10 Silver

Comment

Newport Viper,

Was there any hazing with the #83 and cutting pad? That seems a little harsh and it took some nads to do it on a black car.
                  I will speak from my experience on this question!

I use the combo all the time, and I have yet to haze the paint!

I do not exceed speed 4.5 and I use very little pressure on the PC!
                  My Dad said once..."Son...you can never do enough for a good customer!" I Said "Don't worry Dad...I won't"!

Hehehehe

Comment

great work. Doesn't even look like the same car.

Comment

This car is actually going in the for sale ads. I was just making it look nice so hopefully he could get some more money out of it.

As far as the #83 hazing the paint, no, not at all. I worked up to 83... I started out with 82 and when I got it in the sun it wasn't quite as smooth as I wanted so I switched to 80. That still didn't quite do the trick so I went to 83 and that worked out great. Though after 83 the shine wasn't quite what I wanted though, so I went over it with #82 which really looked good. Then NXT on top of that and everything was set. Props to Meguiars for making such great products that reach all spectrums of paint care.

Next up on the block is my sisters 1999 Honda Accord, also Black that has also been neglected for basically its whole life. Paint is a little better than what the Porsche's was, but there are swirl marks everwhere that are going to be a blast to take out. This time I'll get to try my hand at clear coat rather than the Single stage Porsche paint. I'm not sure which is easier, but I can't wait for the challenge.
                      -Brian

Comment

COOL......

very nice job on a very nice car.
                        outstanding work,

Rick

Comment

WOW! That is night and day... nice work I am sure that work will help it sell.
                          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

The Porsche looks great. Is that a single stage paint job or does it have a clear coat?

Comment

really awesome transformation!
                              Reid

------------------------------------------------

2004 Azure Blue Mustang Mach1 - Do not view in sunny, cloudless conditions.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');