• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

backing plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backing plate

Looking for some advice. I ordered everything on Sunday and the cleaners and polishes were here on Tuesday. PC arrived on Thursday, weekend plans cancelled, excitement level through the roof, I'm gonna be buffing. Seeing what everyone on here is doing has just got me pumped to get started. Unfortunatly my order from Meguiars was split up and the backing plate will not be here until next week. I guess they ship from different locations. I have the backing plate that comes with the 7336 but it does not have any velcro. Can I just add some velcro to this backing plate and get a weekends use out of it? I really dont want to wait until next weekend...

Thanks

Dan

Re: backing plate

Your gonna have to waite unfortunetaly

Comment

You can always try rigging stuff up, but you wouldnt want a pad to fly off and end up scratching something with the machine... best just to wait a week.

I've been dying to break mine out, but the stupid rain and snow keep coming back...
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

EDIT: Post got cut off. Please Ignore.
        Brian

Comment

Dang it. It did it again... Sorry.
          Brian

Comment

You can also see if there is an automotive paint and body equipment store in your area and see if they have the backing plate for the G100. If they do not, ask them if they have a 5 inch backing plate for a DA sander. It is basically the same thing and will work fine. I currently use the 5 inch backing plate from Mirka.

This thread show you how to locate a PBE store in your area.

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...cate+pbe+store
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              I've been dying to break mine out, but the stupid rain and snow keep coming back...
              I lived in Pittsburgh for a little over a year so I can sympathize about the weather.

Thanks for the idea Mister B, I will check for a PBE nearby.

Thanks

Dan

Comment

I can empathize with you. I received my products and PC7424 awhile before the weather was good enough to use them. When the day came, I had vehicle #1 all washed, clayed, masked and ready to go. Took the PC and pads out, only to discover the threads on the backing plate were faulty-- pretty much non-existant. I couldn't find a replacement locally, but my online supplier came provided a replacement with a few days.

I did the glaze and wax by hand on that one. That was 3 weeks ago and I will have my first go by machine this weekend on my wife's car. In fact we swapped to day so I can probably have it washed and clayed before she gets home this evening.

Comment

Well, no luck finding one locally, guess it will have to wait until next weekend. Hope its worth the wait.

HagFan, good luck this weekend.

Dan

Comment

Oh its worth the wait alright.

If your that impatient, contact one of your local body shops and ask them if they use a local supplier. That is a good place to start. I know that my local paint supply shop can get me pretty much any Meguiars product within 24hrs.
                    "I drink windex........it keeps me from streaking."

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');