• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 dodge hemi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 dodge hemi

hey guys,

today I helped out a friend with a problem with his 1 month old 2004 red dodge hemi pickup. so here is the story, the only blemish on the truck was a bird poop etch mark on the passenger side door 4 inches down from the window. he told me about the mark and said he was taking it to the dealer to get it removed. the first person that tried to remove it did not get it out and the paint was still fine.( used something very mild thank god) that person said to come back when ever he gets a chance and someone else with more experience with removing these marks will be able to remove it. he took the truck in this past friday and that someone used something very aggressive by hand and marded a4 inch by 4 inch patch. kind of like that corvette that mike did with all the maring on the drivers door. my friend asked about buffing the door to get it out and the manager said it would remove to much clear and the door would fade unevenly. he did not even notice the maring until we were at work, he closed the door and the sun hit it JUST RIGHT and showed the 4 by 4 marded area. he was beside himself. I told him that i could get it out with scratchx but he said he was going to the dealer to raise hell. (1 month old truck) he had to make a point. when he got there the manager heard his conversation with someone else and said how did it get bigger it can't get bigger. so the same guy used the buffer and got the small patch out but proceded to swirl the entire door ( dealer installed swirl marks) and some of the rear fender. so last night i brought scratchx and speed glaze with me to work to try and see what works. this is when i saw the swirled door. i tried a small area by hand with the speed glaze and it seamed to do the trick but i needed the pc to really do the trick. in all of the attempts by the dealer the bird etch mark was still there. he followed me home and i went after it with the speed glaze and the pc. I did this twice and then waxed with gold class as that was what he was using. the sun was not out at all so it is very hard to tell if all of the swirls are out but the shine tells me that they shouldbe gone. the paint had a haze to it before i was done with the speed glaze now the reflection is cristal clear like new paint should be. I am very sorry but I did not take any pics before or after becuase I was in a brain fog from getting of work after 12 hours. i will be detailing this truck soon so i will post before and afters then.
    2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

i just can't wait to see those pics! but it sounds nice already

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');