• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make that Ultra Gloss paint??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make that Ultra Gloss paint??

One simple question.....
    When finishing the 5-stage paint detailing......what would you top it off to make your paint look Ultra Ultra Ultra SHINY Gloss??
    You know how the cars in "Tokyo Drift" looks like in the blend of the lights in Tokyo at night? YEAH

Thanks

Re: How to make that Ultra Gloss paint??

besides a proper FULL DETAIL light exposure is such a huge influence on the look of the car at night.

Comment

Really, all the shine is in the prep, nothing that is done after waxing.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the super high gloss we see in exotic cars or show cars a function of the quality of the paint job itelf?

I'd think the biggest issue is the complete lack of orange peel on high dollar paint jobs. We're just not going to get the same mirror shine on a black cavalier as we would on the flaming parrot (or whatever that car is called) or a Bugatti or Lamborghini.

Short of sanding down the orange peel (not exactly a hobbyist level project) I don't think most of our paint jobs on most of our cars will ever be truly show car finishes.

In other words - we run into the limiting factor being the quality of the paint as it came from the factory.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
          Really, all the shine is in the prep, nothing that is done after waxing.
          While I agree with you in general, I have been impressed by myself with the shine of a car's paint after waxing. Namely, I have used DC1, #7, NXT Tech and #16 on a brand new Pontiac Pursuit. My friend and I both agreed that while #7 increased and "smoothed" the reflection of the surface the NXT Tech wax REALLY gave that mirror like finish where even the clouds in the sky would show in the reflection.

Whoever said that a car's paint looks best new clearly doesn't use Meguiar's .
          2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
          2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

What`s a really really good prep then??

Comment

Wet sanding or a new paint job with, of course, good prep.
              2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
              2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

Mine IS new

Comment

Originally posted by JMatt View Post
                  Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the super high gloss we see in exotic cars or show cars a function of the quality of the paint job itelf?

I'd think the biggest issue is the complete lack of orange peel on high dollar paint jobs. We're just not going to get the same mirror shine on a black cavalier as we would on the flaming parrot (or whatever that car is called) or a Bugatti or Lamborghini.

Short of sanding down the orange peel (not exactly a hobbyist level project) I don't think most of our paint jobs on most of our cars will ever be truly show car finishes.

In other words - we run into the limiting factor being the quality of the paint as it came from the factory.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');