• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low Gloss Tire Dressing Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Gloss Tire Dressing Recommendation

I currently use #40 on my tires because I don't care for the real high gloss shine on tires. I spray #40 directly onto a microfiber towel and wipe it onto the tire. It leaves a nice clean looking tire with no gloss, which is nice, but I could go for something with a little more pop than #40 though. I was thinking about getting a sample of hyper dressing from ADS to try out since it is dilutable. So does anyone think hyper dressing diluted to the proper ratio would be a good choice for a low gloss clean look? I am not looking for something that is real greasy either. So what does everyone think?
    Brian

Re: Low Gloss Tire Dressing Recommendation

By applying #40 with a microfiber cloth, you are really not applying much to the tire, as most of it is getting sucked up by the towel....that may be the reason your not getting as much "pop" as you are looking for.

Since you already have # 40, try this...

Apply # 40 using a foam applicator pad...It will give you a bit more "pop" than applying it with a microfiber cloth...

After evaluating the results, let us know how it looks in regards tot he microfiber towel.

Mike
    Mike Pennington
    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
    Meguiar's, Inc.
    800-854-8073
    mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Another option is Hot Shine Tire Gel, just make sure to remove the excess and wipe down the tire for that matte look.

gb387 did a great review of it here... Hot Shine Tire Gel G-12416 ~ Review
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pennington View Post

Since you already have # 40, try this...

Apply # 40 using a foam applicator pad...It will give you a bit more "pop" than applying it with a microfiber cloth...

I'll give that a try as soon as the weather warms up. Thanks.
        Brian

Comment

You might wanna try the Endurance Gel (not the high gloss version). I LOVE IT! Nice and dark... no sling.... easy to apply.... not too shiny.

Comment

I use the Hot Shine and wipe it off, it gives the finish a pop you may like, I also tried the spray and walk away and it looked great. I just put it on one of my MF bonnets and spread it around and wiped with a MF towel, leave it on for a shinier finish if you like. It works for both worlds.

Have fun.

Aaron
            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

On my tires , like I mentioned on a previous post. I like endurance gel. If I have alot of time to apply it. For me I get the best results with using a paint brush to apply. If pressed for time , out comes the hot shine spray. I just purchased a gallon jug of #40 as I run out of consumer line goods I'm switching to detailer and pro line. I will have to try #40 on my tires. Thanks for the advice.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Not the best photo but here is Endurance (the natural look version)... not the best photo but might help.

Gold Class Endurance

Also like BlueZero and Nappers mentioned you can give a final wipe to Hot Shine and really most tire dressing to remove excess dressing and tone down the shine.
                Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
                  Not the best photo but here is Endurance (the natural look version)... not the best photo but might help.

Gold Class Endurance

Also like BlueZero and Nappers mentioned you can give a final wipe to Hot Shine and really most tire dressing to remove excess dressing and tone down the shine.
                  That's what I use and Luv it! Nice natural finish. Smooooooooooth!
                  "Meguiar's, Im back home Again, and plan to Stay!".
                  They call me "Blue"

Comment

I forgot all about it, but I actually have the Endurance Tire Gel (natural version), but have never used it. I'll have to dig that out and give that a try also. Thanks.
                    Brian

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');