• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dryer Vent Moisture and Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dryer Vent Moisture and Car

Hello all,

The dryer vent at my house is located in the garage, right in front of the Liberty. We are always washing clothes it seems like and the garage can get pretty hot and damp from the dryer vent. We have a little box with water in it and the vent is attached to it, so the lint gets trapped in the water not on the cars!!

My question is, do you think that all that moisture and humidity is bad for the cars? The Liberty sits right in front of it and the front section of the car looks like faded or something, nothing bad stills looks better than new but not how I like it.

Does this make sense??

Thanks for any replies!!
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Re: Dryer Vent Moisture and Car

Shouldn't hurt anything. Im sure it alot more humid outside at times and the cars get ALOT hotter in the sun.

The humidity may not be good the the house though. I believe 40-50% is optimal for the house. Mold spores and fungus would grow alot easier.

This is a good way to heat an unheated garage though. Running the dyer vent through a filter then out into the garage is a great way to use all that heat(Not in the summer though). I always thought the heat going outside front the dyer in the middle of the winter was such a waste. It would be cool if you you could make some kind of switch box so that it could go outside when its hot, and inside when its cool.
    Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

It may or may not do harm, but you can be sure the extra moisture is not doing your car any good. I would reroute the dryer vent out of your garage.
      Mr. Miyagi says: "Wax on, wax off"

Comment

Well, if it is making it look different, then it is fair to say it is doing something.

Hard to say, but you might also be getting some kind of chemicals in the moisture... like hard water or cleaners, or something getting deposited on the car.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');