• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curing time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curing time?

How long to I need to wait for my final step product to cure before putting onanother layer/product?

For example. I'm using M20. I let it dry to a haze then wipe off. When can I put on a 2nd layer? Immediately? An hour later? A day later?

If I then want to try some M26 on top of that, how long must I/should I wait? Again - immediately, an hour, a day?

Any general concept I should follow?

I'm not a pro, just a car guy. Therefore, I can easily wait as long as needed, as there is no customer waiting for a car.

Re: Curing time?

Look at post #4 (by Mike Phillips) in this link: Curing time for #7 & #26, it goes over a general rule.

Hope that helps! If not ask away!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

If you have the privilege of time to let it cure for at least 12-24 hours before applying the second coat of #20 IMO that would be best, same goes for the #26. That is just me it, works really good for me, let's wait for others to chime in to get a more thorough explanation.
      SYDSTER

Comment

I agree. With #20 it is best to wait 24 hours. However in a pinch you can wait 4 hours then apply the second coat.
        MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
          Look at post #4 (by Mike Phillips) in this link: Curing time for #7 & #26, it goes over a general rule.

Hope that helps! If not ask away!
          He seems to say that a big wait is not required. If I wait long enough to pass the "swipe" test, do I simply put the next layer on once I remove the prior haze?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by JMatt View Post
            He seems to say that a big wait is not required. If I wait long enough to pass the "swipe" test, do I simply put the next layer on once I remove the prior haze?

Thanks for the help.
            No its not required but like Sydster and kellyinkc mentioned if you can wait the 12-24 hours great, but if not go straight to the second coat. There are times we can wait and there are other times we cannot.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
              No its not required but like Sydster and kellyinkc mentioned if you can wait the 12-24 hours great, but if not go straight to the second coat. There are times we can wait and there are other times we cannot.
              I agree, IF you have the time to wait. Most of us do not.

Comment

Thanks all.

I'm getting the G100 on Wednesday, and I'm going to completely start over. M83, M80, an even finer polish, followed by M20. I'll then wait 24 hours and put on a final layer of M20.

I seem to get my "blackest" results just with M20.

Comment

Originally posted by JMatt View Post
                  Thanks all.

I'm getting the G100 on Wednesday, and I'm going to completely start over. M83, M80, an even finer polish, followed by M20. I'll then wait 24 hours and put on a final layer of M20.

I seem to get my "blackest" results just with M20.
                  Try the 80 first. Use the least aggressive first and see what happens. I too like # 20! I have black also. 80 followed by 81 is just "sick"

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');