• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low Key detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Key detailing

I am 17 and car crazy. Many of my neighbors have cars that beg for some TLC. One of them has a mini cooper that he doesn't wax!!!!! I would do that one for FREE! Anyway, what are the best ways to attract some local customers. I have had bad experiences with door-to-door solicitation, some neighbors don't take kindly to solicitors (we are a prime route for mormans lol). Would cards or flyers be a solution? And finally, is this legal for this sort of "casual" business?
    I sometimes judge people by the cleanliness of their car.
    Take the Car Crazy Test

not so hard......

try this.....

get a set of decent business cards,if you can't afford,visit www.vistaprint.com

select a decent design,and put your name on it,

when you have the cards,give them to anybody you meet,driving an expensive car that looks dirty,try to get a conversation,and hand them over your card.if you do this for a while,your business will lift off.

in my case,my 19 year old porsche gets the conversation rolling,
    this is a car that you almost never see on the streets overhere,and is always in a shiny condition.
    it's a neck turner.when i'm getting into my car,there are guys starting a conversation about the looks of my car.i turn the talking into their cars,and try to find out what they drive,and how it looks.then i walk with them,and tell them,their car could look much better,and hand them my business card.
    don't forget telling them,they can always call for info,and can drop by any time to clean their car.
    see if you can do some friends eye catching cars,do the job on it,give them a discount if they advertize for you.
    load them up with a couple of cards,and you're in business.
    i give my regulars a good discount,if they bring new customers in.
    this works well for me,a couple of guys asked me now for the third time if he could get some more cards to hand out.it works two ways,they get a low price for their detailing,and i get more customers to build my business on.

be optimistic,be enthusiast,be realistic,and be pfofessional about all the things you do!
    first rule of any business:
    don't promise things you can't do,
    and do the things you promised to do.
    be honest and correct,and always see through the eyes of your customers.
    (without being the greacy slimeball salesman,everybody hates)
    focus on the goal.

ciao,

Rick

Comment

Once you get your business cards, try hanging out at the local drive-in's when they have their informal car shows
      Don
      12/27/2015
      "Darth Camaro"
      2013 Camaro ... triple black
      323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Hey,

You must be very cognitive of liability. If you accidently damage someone's paint, you may be held liabel.

Plan ahead and you will be fine!!

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Printup some flyers and have your friends pass them out for you...I've gotten some part time business, just by people making comments about how good my cars look.

Be patient...It takes a while to build a good reputation, name.
          r. b.

Comment

Re: Low Key detailing

Originally posted by NewlyCarCrazy
            I am 17 and car crazy. Many of my neighbors have cars that beg for some TLC.

Anyway, what are the best ways to attract some local customers. Would cards or flyers be a solution?

And finally, is this legal for this sort of "casual" business?

I would highly recommend that you use cards and flyer to promote your detailing services. Just talk to your neighbors and let them know that you would be happy to take care of their cars. Start out slow. At first, maybe just offer to wash and vacuum their cars and then progress from there. Keep it simple and you will begin to figure out how easy it can be to turn your casual hobby into an actual business. Most of all, have fun!
            FRANK CANNA
            Mirror Finish Detailing
            23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');