• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 Bmw M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Bmw M3

This was another friend going to HIN, in Chicago. Porsche Thursday night from 7pm-4am with a few breaks, then the M3 at 9am Friday... too much detailing, if there is such a thing haha

Anyway, this was worst and best car I've ever done...
    Why best: there's nothing wrong with it
    Why worst: there's NOTHING wrong with it

My friend has been telling me for a while how everyone tells him his car's paint is in good condition and nothing's wrong with it, and bla bla bla...
    I didn't believe it until I saw it. I always hear customers say the same thing on lighter colored blue cars (among others), because the paint hides defects very well... so I thought that even though it looked good to him and others, there would be swirls to remove and make the paint pop a bit more... NOPE

Maybe it's the paint, but after looking at it in about 4 different kinds of light, including sunlight, there were only minor swirls, bird **** "logos" and some burnt rubber all over the car.

Process was:
    wash with Meg's Gold Class and dry
    Wheels cleaned with P21S/water mix
    Clayed a few parts (mainly parts where there was rubber)
    Polished with Meg's #9 Swirl remover
    Waxed with Meg's NXT paste
    Polished muffler tips a bit with Mother's
    ^^that's all I did, but my friend applied "masterfully" some touch up to the front parts of the car and black magic to all trim (I have to try this stuff after seeing how good it looks)
    He also did the interior, while I just cleaned the outside glass with Stoner's

Even though there wasn't a huge improvement, like I said above, the NXT paste did give a depth to the paint and made it look a bit wetter... my friend agreed but I think only to make me feel better

pics...

VERY few before photos:

After shots:

Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
    Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Re: 1998 Bmw M3

He entered HIN right? I saw a car that looked exactly like that there.
    2005 Toyota Camry LE Phantom Grey Pearl
    2001 Toyota Corolla LE Silverstream Opalescent
    1996 Lexus ES300 Ruby Pearl

Comment

Originally posted by Mayur View Post
      He entered HIN right? I saw a car that looked exactly like that there.
      Yup, he was in the Euroteknik section... we were the best haha... my car wasn't there but I came by to support them... anyway, he was next to a black convertible M3
      Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

That blue looks like its still wet. that car looks great. Way to go.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Really looks good!
          SYDSTER

Comment

Originally posted by lecchilo View Post
            Yup, he was in the Euroteknik section... we were the best haha... my car wasn't there but I came by to support them... anyway, he was next to a black convertible M3
            Yah I think you posted pics on Autopia then I was there and I saw the checkered flag on the hood of a blue M3 there and I was yelling at my friend that Ive seen this car on a forum online but wasnt sure where.
            2005 Toyota Camry LE Phantom Grey Pearl
            2001 Toyota Corolla LE Silverstream Opalescent
            1996 Lexus ES300 Ruby Pearl

Comment

Originally posted by Mayur View Post
              Yah I think you posted pics on Autopia then I was there and I saw the checkered flag on the hood of a blue M3 there and I was yelling at my friend that Ive seen this car on a forum online but wasnt sure where.
              haha yea it was on autopia... i think i posted like Friday night
              Chicago, Illinois

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');