• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removal of wax from plastic trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal of wax from plastic trim

Never mind found the thread about this, helps to read more.

Thanks,
    2000 Saleen S351 Speedster

Re: Removal of wax from plastic trim

Well now that's a tough one, but I guess some APC can make the job. however, a big suggestion i would give you is to dress all exterior trim before polishing or waxing to prevent these problems, because as far as I know, once the wax dries it's pretty hard to remove and sometimes it fades the trim, but i'm not that sure about that :S.

Hope this Helps.
    " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

i used #39 and #40 on my MINI trim to get wax off from the dealer.

Comment

Hey,

I am glad you found the thread that helps.

Otherwise, to remove dried wax from plastic trim pieces, I like to use #39 or Meguiar's #38 or from the consumer line, Trim Detailer. Get a good detailing brush like Meg's Triple Duty Brush or a stiff toothbrush and really work the product into the trim. Then wipe off and treat with a dressing like All Season Dressing or #40.

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

#39 is good. In a pinch I have used peanut butter.The oils draw out the crude.
          MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');