• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which wax/polymer/sealant/silicone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which wax/polymer/sealant/silicone?

It looks like this is the list of non-abrasive final steps available from M:

M20 Polymer Sealant
    M21 Synthetic sealant
    M26 Yellow Wax
    A22 Crystal
    G12 NXT
    G70 Gold Class
    G11 Color-X

What are the intended uses for so many varieties (dark paint, better gloss, longer lasting, etc.)?

Which one for the best gloss?

Which one for the longest lasting?

Thanks,

George

Re: Which wax/polymer/sealant/silicone?

If its the same car you just used the rotary on, in other words black. I would go to with #26. I have everything on the list except the 20, color-X, and I love 26 on my black truck.
    Scott

Comment

Some of these are one-step cleaner/waxes, some are polish/waxes and some are pure waxes. We offer different waxes because people approach car care differently and need (and want), different types of waxes as well as other products.

The majority of people in the world are not what we would classify as serious enthusiasts, that is they wash and wax their car a couple times a year, for these people we offer cleaner/waxes because the paint on their car will need a cleaner, not just a wax.

Does that make sense?
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike

Thank you for the reply. Yes it does make sense but the product descriptions don't make these distinctions in every case. Which of these products contain:

a) Abrasives (presumably none on this list)

b) Cleaners

c) Polishes

d) Wax

e) Synthetic sealant

Thanks,

George

Comment

See my answers inside your quote in bold

Originally posted by GeorgeG View Post
          Mike

Thank you for the reply. Yes it does make sense but the product descriptions don't make these distinctions in every case. Which of these products contain:

a) Abrasives (presumably none on this list)

The word "Abrasives" is too general for use on this forum as they relate to our products, a more better specific term would be 'Diminishing Abrasives' which explains that the abrasive breakdown as you use them which is much more intelligent and effective when the goal is to create beauty, which is the case when you're working on your car's paint.

Meguiar's pure waxes, which is another way of saying waxes in our line without diminishing abrasives would be M26, Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax and M16 which is discontinued but can still be found. Some of the other waxes do contain diminishing abrasives and some offer a sleight cleaning ability.

b) Cleaners

See above

c) Polishes

Meguiar's is unique among other products on the market because we have a unique base of polishing oils used in some of our products also referred to as Trade Secret Oils since 1901, I don't know which waxes have these and which waxes do not and may not be able to that information as we don't share proprietary information about our formulas.

When you use the word "polishes", you may have meant something else as many people use the word to mean some type of abrasive or gritty product? Maybe you could clarify?

d) Wax

We use the term wax to mean a product applied onto the surface to add protection, the ingredients that make up the "wax" product may be wax or may be polymers or something else. It's less important than most people think or try to make it because at the end of the day you're either going to go out into your garage and apply the product or not regardless of what science you can learn about the product. Often times it will come down to trusting the name on the label.

e) Synthetic sealant

Kind of the same answer as above for wax. Meguiar's offers a number of different "Paint Protecants", some use the word wax some use the word sealant a discontinued product by the name of Medallion used the word "Protectant". Most of our waxes are blended to incorporate multiple types of ingredients so that you the user get multiple benefits.

NXT is made from all synthetic ingredients and so is M21, the rest of our paint protection products are blends of natural and synthetic ingredients. For example M20 Polymer Sealant also contains Carnauba wax and Deep Crystal Carnauba wax also contains silicones and polymers.

If our chemists include ANY specific ingredient into a formula then it's either a benefit to the product or a benefit to the process and often times both but ultimately a benefit to you the user.

Thanks,

George

The big queston...
          • What are your working on?
          • What condition is it in?
          • What are your car care goals?

These questions and the answers are what will help you to choose the right product for what you're trying to accomplish.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I have a question about Silicon, what is the different with other waxes? are this LSP or Pure Polish?What is the benefit of using silicon?last time i polished my car, i used Amway Silicon Glaze. After weeks of learning from this forums i cant find truth about silicon. Thx.

Comment

As far as I know silicones are used either to make the application of products easier, or to make the waxes last longer since they are more resistant to temperatures.

If you can wait for me a little bit, I'll be getting an e-mail where they will explain me what is the difference between polymers and waxes and then make your question much more clearer.
              " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');