• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate birds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate birds

My S2000 has been a garage queen since I got my new daily driver and it collected mountains of dust over the winter. I pulled it out for the first wash/wax of the season. About 3 and half hours later I had washed/clayed/NXT'd x2 and had just removed the final wax on the hood when tragedy struck- 3 nice clumps of bird doo-doo came splatting down on my nice shiny hood.

Now steaming, I broke out the QD and about 4 towels and removed the mess trying my hardest to avoid any dragging or smearing. About 5 minutes later I was finished and went in the house to start soaking the rags. When I returned, tragedy struck again!

The bird must have really had a grudge for me or something because it waited until I was in sight to bombard the top/trunk with barrage of droppings. There was no use trying to spot clean the rag-top... I had to start over and re-wash!

The moral of this very long rant is when detailing or washing make sure you don't have any enemies in the sky!
    S2000 Lovefab'd with GT30R
    CTS-V (My first black car)

Re: I hate birds

2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

It almost makes you want to invest in a canopy. lol Then we would have no worries.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Sometimes I wish I could fly. I'd aim right above birds' heads...

Comment

I would like to invest in a canopy. But there to much money for me. So for the time being I'll just keeping carrying a bottle of QD in the trunk.

Comment

I have an EZup tent that I usually pop up for details once summer hits and things start blowing through the air more. I guess I'll be popping that sucker up everytime I wash now.
            S2000 Lovefab'd with GT30R
            CTS-V (My first black car)

Comment

I hate them too

MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

That looks like a aerial assault on that car..

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt2006 View Post
                  That looks like a aerial assault on that car..

Yeah, looks like a B-52 carpet bomb run!!
                  MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');