• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tried to remove swirls by hand...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried to remove swirls by hand...

Well today, I clayed the hood and trunk of my Camry so I can try and remove the swirls and light scratches. So I took a microfiber applicator pad, and worked in small area using ScratchX, I rubbed really hard repeatedly..this is the trunk btw, and the some scratches were gone but I had a long way to go...so is there a certain technique for removing swirls and light scratches by hand? Do I need to apply a lot of pressure and go fast? I also tried Swirl Remover 2.0, it worked pretty good as well, but the more I work by hand the more I realize that I am in need of a buffer ='[.

Yes, I've already seen the thread about removing swirls by hand, so I won't need that. I just need some help removing swirls by hand, it's so much hard work...

Re: Tried to remove swirls by hand...

takes a lot of passion to work in Scratch-X by hand to remove scratches.

when done properly it is very effective.

the only downfall is you have to work in a small section, 12 x 12 and you get very sore and tired after a while.

hope these help.

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

What it Means to Remove a Scratch

How to Avoid Swirls and Holograms?

Comment

Just in terms of labor saved, it is worth it to buy a PC! Plus it gives much better results. MPPC and #80 work very well by hand also, but are better with the PC.

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Would it have been more effective to use a foam pad? I used microfiber because I'm able to grip it better.

Comment

I'd go with foam.

And yo uwant to work the foam pad so that the pressure is applied across your fingers, and your thumb is tucked under to hold it.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');