• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dash Glare!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Glare!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been using natural shine in my interior for the first time and i liked it, i am the type of person that likes a nice shinny interior. so i was driving a i noticed that i started to get a reflection of my dash in my windshield! I am pretty sure this is because i loaded on tons of natural shine on to my cockpit, i did it on purpose because like i said i like a nice glow. So i dont know what to do because i like shine but i dont like glare. Is there a way to keep the shine while getting rid of the glare?

Re: Dash Glare!!!!!!!!!!!

well if you just use one even coat of Natural Shine it won't be that shiny. that's what i use. i like the natural look.

but if you use two or more coats as the bottle says you'll get that shiny look.

try taking a microfibre to the dash and see if you can 'absorb' some of the extra product. see if that works.

i'm not too sure if there is a 'dash' cleaner to remove product specifically.

Comment

i know Applling less will give me less shine but i want to know if there is some product or some way to kill the glare but keep the shine?

Comment

Quick Interior Detailer might cut it down pretty good.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I know this sounds crazy but I tried some high gloss tire shine gel on my interior and it is really glossy and I like glossy interiors too. I thought it would leave a greasy finish but its actually dry. I even put some on the steering wheel and its not slick at all and I mean all 4 of our cars interior are dry to the touch. Oh sorry back to the thread try some quick interior detailer or just let the product wear off. And oh yeah I like natural shine too.
          Don't forget to rev em high 2005 infiniti fx45, 2005 subaru outback sport se
          2000 ford ranger xlt, 2006 nissan maxima se

Comment

Shine is a great product. After I apply it, I buff it a bit with a dry cloth - tones down the shine, but, IMHO, make the interior surfaces look as they did when they were new.

Comment

tire shine? wow that is crazy.

Comment

You like a shine but don't like glare. You can't have it both ways. Increased shine means higher reflection meaning glare. I suggest switching to Meguiar's Quick Interior detailer for the dash and continue to use your other favorite product for the rest.
                Jim
                My Gallery

Comment

ill wait and see

Comment

I like to have a shiny dash to. After you wipe the dash with Natural Shine use another applicator or towel to wipe it a second time and that should lower the glare of the dash.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');