• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restoring these headlights??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring these headlights??

Hey everyone...I was looking through some pictures of my friends on my computer and came across the picture below. I was looking at the headlights and they looked faded. Do you think Plastx could restore these headlights?? And yeah.....I WILL be giving my friends a lecture on why they should never ever sit on the hood of a car again.

Re: Restoring these headlights??

It will improve them but your gonna have to get more aggresive to make them perfect.

Comment

Ooof....

Those headlights need some serious help. As mentioned by Coupe, you will need something more aggressive.

I have never worked on a Neon, but almost every Neon around here has those same fogged up headlights.

The solution, I'm almost leaning towards wet sanding.
      Chris
      Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

I don't think it will work. Replacing them is the best way.
        Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

replacing may be the only option to completely fix them, but on a neon that old is it really that important to make it perfect? I would try PlastX, and if you arent happy with the results then go to wetsanding them.

when i saw that picture i said "that looks like michigan" low and behold you're only 2 hours away from me.

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone!

98blackbird, you are right that it's not important to make them perfect, I was just looking at it because it looked like a good car to practice on! And yeah I'm in good old Michigan! And loving the weather right now....I've been washing a couple cars outside in a t-shirt because it's been getting up to like 45 degrees!!

Comment

Well I had a Ford Contour with pretty bad headlights that I sanded and polished and they looked a lot better but far from perfect. So you can always try and see if it helps. But they were clear and plastic, not sure if those are plastic or glass?
              But I would be more worried about dents in the hood after seeing that picture

Comment

You can refer here if you would like.

I have 2 headlight projects on there.
                Usually I use M83 with cutting pad
                M9 with polishing pad
                Whatever wax/sealant comes up

I think you are going to need something more aggressive than PlastX. But if by hand, then PlastX is the only thing available to you.
                Schotography

Comment

You can try tooth paste it will work they will not look like new but a lot better than they do now.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');