• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheel Brightener???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Brightener???

Hello all!!

I've been using Meg's Hot Rims Cool Care from the consumer line on all my detail jobs. I LOVE this product...it just eats through brake dust and I don't have to worry about it trashing any wheel that I'm working on. The only draw back is I go through a TON of this stuff and it is getting to the point where it is just not economically feasible for me to buy the small consumer bottles. My question is...is the Wheel Brightener product from the Meg's Detailer line comparable to this product in its cleaning abilities and its ease/safeness of use??

Many thanks,
    Mike
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
    Bright Silver Metallic / Ebony Interior
    ASC# 1,575
    406 rwhp 392 rwtrq

Not sure that it's necessarily made for wheels but, I've been fairly successful in utilizing the Detailer Line Citri Gel on my wheels diluted 2:1.
    -The Final Detail-
    Lagrange, Kentucky
    thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
    CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Since it seems that your detailing many different vehicles I'd be very careful about which wheel cleaner you choose. You want one that will be safe for any type of wheel. I had some uncoated polished alluninum wheels on my last vehicle and sprayed the red bottle instant wheel cleaner on them not knowing (conveniently the warning has gotten larger on later bottles of this product) and the strong base formula almost instantly severely oxidized the alluminum.

Needless to say I had many many hours of using a die grinder with a polishing wheel attached to it to cut through the oxidized layer after that. Something you don't want to be stuck doing or paying for. On that note, I could be wrong, but I think the wheel brightener is not all wheel safe. Or am I thinking of the other detailer wheel cleaner?
      Later,
      Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
      Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Hot Rims Cool Care is the stuff in the purple bottle and I have used it on many different wheels without ANY bad results...it's pretty much safe on everything but anodized wheels. Does anyone know if the Wheel Brightener from the Detailer line is just as safe??
        2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
        Bright Silver Metallic / Ebony Interior
        ASC# 1,575
        406 rwhp 392 rwtrq

Comment

Wheel Brightener

"Safe on clear coated, painted, and chrome wheels"

Not all wheel safe in other words. You could use it, but keep a bottle of something safe in case you come across some uncoated alluminum wheels. I'd be really careful with that one though. Might be better to have something thats safe for everything and not worry about it. The light weight oem alloy wheels on my car are polished clear coated allunimun on the face, but the back is just straight alluminum and I used some of the more aggressive cleaner on them and it left a little trail of oxidation on the back side of the wheel from that. Luckily this doesn't effect the appearance in any way, but I now have been using gold class all wheel cleaner, which isn't listed on meguiars web page that I can find. But it's safe on all wheels, works great (possibly better than hot rims in my opinion) and comes in a good size 32oz bottle.
          Later,
          Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
          Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

wheel brightner

i can't rave about this enough!!! i use it on all wheels but uncoated wheels. i don't dilute , just use it straight. i have a bmw,do a lot of european cars and it works just fine without scrubbing , on the negleted wheels you may try a white 3m pad to help. if you spray all 4 wheels ,then come back and rinse i think you will save a bunch of time too! i like to spray it inside the wheel as far as possible so it gives a real nice look
            good luck
            mike at the shine shop

Comment

Hey there

I use the wheel brightner in 5gal capacity for most of my vehicles I do run into trhe occasional polished chrome or aluminum wheels. I will not to use this chemical on polished rims it is pretty strong. Also it works well on non pitted wheels and with a little elbow grease it works on the pitted wheels as well.My guys had a real problem with wheel brightner when we were changing from wheel acid because they were so use to spray on and wash off. However in alot of local cities wheel acid is being prohibited ...
              so the wheel brightner works well in most cases anything else we use a dremel tool and a high speed angular buff pad with a polishing compound. A good investment with the wheel brightner chemical is long wheel brushes kind of tapered as you go to the end they seem to work well and are not hard to use at all...
              Bill Orlando

Comment

Originally posted by Billorlando
                Anything else we use a dremel tool and a high speed angular buff pad with a polishing compound.

Can you tell me more about the dremel tool and the angular buff pad. Pictures would be nice .

Comment

What color is the wheel brighter. ? I think I might have gotten a sample from a friend of some. How well does it work is it a spray and rinse. ?

Comment

Reason I ask if cause I got this from a friend that works at a dealer. The product in the bottle is not Mark V I emailed them and they have no purple wheel cleaners or APC's. Since Acid based cleaners are usally clear not color'd im thinking this might be Meguiars Detailer Line wheel brightner.

What do you think. ?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hey,

I have been using the Meguiar's Detailer Series Wheel Brightener (D-14001) for sometime now and just love the stuff! It is purple in color, has a cherry smell, and when diluted 4:1, works awesome!!! I too avoid using it on polished and uncoated wheels.

Tim
                      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I see does it work alot better then something like A2Z or Hot wheels because those products seem to do barly anything on heavy caked on brake dust.

Is it a spray and rinse. ?

Comment

Hey Frozen, Long time no see!

Yes, it is a spray on, lightly agitate, and then rinse off. I have found it better than A2Z, as you can adjust the strength as necessary. However, I usually just use it at 4:1.

Tim
                          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Yep been lurking on Meguiars Online For a While decided to sign up. Do you still come by Detail city. ?

My wheels have certain spots with alot of grime on the insides of the wheels. Even scrubbing it doesnt come off if you scrape it with a screw driver a little it will come off. Thats why I need something stronger to get them perfect.

Im still trying to figure out what that purple stuff is I got in that bottle. I dont want to smell it cause it might be acid based. But from the looks it seems to be Wheel Brightner.

Comment

What rims are yall talkin '@bout that this stuff isnt good 4? also can you tell by lookin at the rims if you shoulnt use this stuff on them? ok
                              Jason

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');