• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning Material TIPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Material TIPS?

Hi, I posted on here before and I never asked this question but was wondering for a long time.

How do you guys wash your wax/polish applicator pads? When i washed them i just threw it in a bucket of water and little bit of soap and squeeze the pad. But once it drys up, it has all this white gunk from the wax/polish. IS there anyway of washing these that they're brand-new-like with out buying new applicator pads?

Also, do you guys use pads to apply wax/polish or terry towels or microfiber towels?

Thanks.
    1997 Mercedes Benz C280 Sport
    www.club202.com

Re: Cleaning Material TIPS?

I usually just throw my foam applicators in the washing machine with a load of towels and then let them air dry. I have several that have been washed many times that still look and work great. Just don't put them in th dryer. Trust me.
    "No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master." --Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Mine get tossed in the washer as well.... with my detailing towels. I like to wash my good microfiber towels in their own load, then I wash applicators and the terry towels in another load. As mentioned above I let the applicators air dry.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

What works best but takes more time and effort is to wash the pads by hand using a detergent dish soap to breakdown and remove the chemicals in the pad. Use your hand to squish the pad and thus squish the ick out of the pads.

Then once you've removed most of the residual product out of your pads now throw them into the washing machine.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I'll let them sit overnight in a bucket with dish soap. At least the foam ones.
          Come back the next day, wring them out, rinse and wring a few times under a faucet, and all is pretty good.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I agree with gb387. Iwash them with the terry's while the terrycloths are in the dryer, i leave the applicator pads on top of the dryer to speed of the process of drying. i turn them over about halfway thru drying time. So far knock on wood they have turned out just fine.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
              What works best but takes more time and effort is to wash the pads by hand using a detergent dish soap to breakdown and remove the chemicals in the pad. Use your hand to squish the pad and thus squish the ick out of the pads.

Then once you've removed most of the residual product out of your pads now throw them into the washing machine.
              That is exactly what I have been doing for some time now and I must say it really works great.
              SYDSTER

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');