• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suzuki Sidekick Sport....uggghhhh.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki Sidekick Sport....uggghhhh.....

Why do I get stuck with the crappy details? Whatever. Anyways, I agreed during the Super Bowl during some small talk that I would detail my aunt's little suv thing. I had no clue about how bad the car looked and how dirty it was.

It's a Suzuki Sidekick Sport; I'm not sure of the year, but it does have 126,xxx miles. Again, I had no idea about the condition of the paint.

This detail was a trial run for my new PC that I bought from one of the MOL guys; thanks Barry! I must admit, this detail should have been done with a rotary and some Diamond Cut, but I've never used either of those products.

This was a very difficult detail not only because of the condition, but also because I had to have it done in four hours. AGGGHHHHHH!

Here are the steps and products:
    00. PC
    0. Run through the car wash - it was 16 degrees

1. Wipe down with QD x2

2. Claybar to remove house paint on entire front end and passenger side

3. Three passes with #83 and a W8006 polishing pad - speed 5

4. One pass with #80 and W8006 polishing pad - speed 5

5. One pass with #21 and W9006 finishing pad (didn't have enough time for 2) speed 3

6. Purple Power for wheels - couldn't get anything off so I tried something harsh

7. Endurance High Gloss for tires

8. Wire brush and 409 to get some interior pieces clean

9. Natural Shine for vinyl and plastic pieces

Prepare for a detailer's nightmare.....OVERSPRAY over the entire front end, windshield, and both sides!!!
    It took me 45 minutes to remove most of them. I had to skip some because I didn't have enough time.

Again, no shine and plenty of overspray.

Here is the clay after doing 1/4 of the hood:

After three passes of #83, you can see the difference

Looking much better

Done; this thing looks much better and has quite a bit of shine in it.

Well, I did the best I could with the materials and time. It's not nearly perfect, but it was all that I could do.

Overall, it's looking pretty good. I really like the PC and it is definately worth the money. On speed five, this little thing does a lot of work that my old buffer could never do.

The one thing I must complain about this whole detail is that the silver trim was dead. It was a single stage paint that was just plain bad. Even with vast quantities of QD, my clay would stick to the silver parts. It was a good thing I tested #83 on one spot because the silver paint absorbed it.

What do you guys think?
    Chris
    Dasher Detailing Services

Re: Suzuki Sidekick Sport....uggghhhh.....

I would say you put some shine back in the old suv. That clay photo was just nasty. I bet she was thrilled with the results. Good job!
    Scott

Comment

Yeah, she was very happy with everything. The thing is that she is afraid to drive it, but I explained to her that the sealant offers some pretty good protection and not to worry too much.
      Chris
      Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

I'm glad she was happy with the finished job. It's amazing how much you accomplished in only 4 hours. Maybe she would let you do another detail when she has more time and its warmer lol. All in all great work.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

nice job. looks much better

Comment

looks good.... great work

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');