• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pad cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pad cleaning

What is the best way to clean a pad while buffing a car, since the pad doesn't spin like a rotary, what kind of tool will work?

Re: pad cleaning

there are a few ways.

one way is to get a MEGS Terry Towel and sort of wrap the pad in the towel and have your hand on the outside pushing against the pad. turn the machine on to like 3-5 and hold for 10 seconds. repeat that a few times.

you can get a soft bristle tooth brush and spin the pad (away from your car) and have the tooth brush touch the outside of the pad picking up junk it's collected (build up of wax)

you can use your finger nail if long enough.

i like the TT method. it works awesome.

i then spray with APC 10:1, same warm water in a small tupperware for like 10 minutes and they're clean.

*** remember, MEGUIARS does not recommend you washing your pads. ***

Comment

quality creates its own demand

Comment

I use a tool that I got off of autogeek.com called The Edge Foam Pad Conditioning Brush. It is specifically made for foam pads and works great at pulling out caked in polish and wax without having to clean the pad. I love it and would definitely recommend it.
        Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');