• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Faded Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faded Paint

I have a 1998 dark green Dodge Dakota with only 53,000 miles on it. However, the paint on the hood and the top of the cab is extremely oxidized/faded. I have tried Scratch X on it, with no results. Does anyone have a suggestions as to how to proceed?

Re: Faded Paint

Post pics of the areas you are talking about. It may be that your clear coat is failing. Pictures will help a lot because we can see for ourselves what you are trying to decribe. Much easier for us to see what you are seeing than trying to picture in our minds what you are trying to decribe/explain.
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Read this thread and see if the pictures are similar to the fading/oxidation you are refering to.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Attached is a picture of the hood on the Dodge Dakota PU.

Comment

Silverbullet,
          I have a 96 Dodge Dakota V8 SLT as well. Green with metallic in it. I really think that Dodge did a poor good job with color/paint because my truck had the same problem on the hood and roof. My co worker has a 2000 Dakota and exact problem on the hood and roof. I have seen a few other Durango's and Dakota's on the road with the same issue around Los Angeles. Unfortunately, for us, and like Mike said, there's nothing that you can really do except to repaint.

Sean

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');